- BRIEFS. // Multichannel News;12/13/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 50, p47
Presents news briefs on the U.S. cable TV industry as of December 13, 2004. Acquisition of the publicly held minority interest of Cox Communications Inc. by Cox Enterprises Inc.; Forecast on the advertising revenue growth of the cable-network unit of E.W. Scripps Co.; Acquisition of the cable...
- It's the Channels, Stupid. Lafayette, Jon // Cable World (10427228);7/15/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 28, p54
Focuses on the importance of television channels in selling digital television service. Information on Independent Film Channel's original programing for digital tier; Strategy of Charter Communications; Effect of programming on churn rate.
- China b'cast revs bump up in 2010. Coonan, Clifford // Daily Variety;4/6/2011, Vol. 311 Issue 3, p6
The article focuses on China's television and radio business increasing revenues to 210 billion yuan or 32 billion dollars in 2010 and the leaders in the field including China Central Television (CCTV), the Shanghai Media Group Inc., and the Hunan Broadcasting System.
- Charter chided In West Virginia. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;04/16/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 16, p20
Reports that West Virginia's Public Service Commission has urged Charter Communications Inc. to work on problems that prompted the community of Lewisburg to file a complaint. Charter's decision to drop the American Broadcasting Co. (ABC) affiliate from Charleston, WCHS-TV; Order for Charter to...
- Cache Valley at risk of losing its television reception. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;05/17/99, Vol. 28 Issue 47, p11
Focuses on the legal dispute between Cache County, Utah and the owners of Mount Pisgah, where the county maintains a television relay station. County's failure to pay the monthly rent on the relay station; Threat of eviction facing the county's TV relay station; Ownership of parcels of Mount...
- GETTING DIGI WITH IT. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;1/19/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p1
Reports that Charter Communications Inc. had activated the first all-digital television network in the U.S. in Long Beach, California. Products of Harmonic Inc. used in the activation of the all-digital network; Description of the broadcasting system used in Long Beach; Equipment tested by...
- Charter goes its own way in St. Louis County. Corrigan, Don // St. Louis Journalism Review;Mar2000, Vol. 30 Issue 224, p8
Presents Charter Communications' stand on the battle over open access to cable in Saint Louis, Missouri. Charter's task of rewiring Saint Louis County via cable; Charter spokesman, Davis Niswonger's disclosure that the firm is depending on the decision on the issue of Saint Louis officials and...
- Largest Cable Systems. // Multichannel News;10/25/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 43, p38
Provides information on the cable systems across the U.S. owned by cable operator Charter. Number of subscribers; Top executives.
- Charter Order Puts Moxi Into Boxes. // Multichannel News;7/21/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 29, p83
Reports that Saint Louis, Illinois-based Charter Communications Inc. will be the first cable operator to use Moxi, multimedia digital gateway design created by sister company Digeo inc. and built by Motorola Inc. Collaboration of the company with HDTV to roll out the Moxi Media Center design;...