More Than Skin Deep
- Study: Brand reputations facing greater threats. G. B. // Public Relations Strategist;Fall2010, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p5
The article cites the result of the annual survey conducted by Weber Shandwick which reveals that more than a third of executives went through social-media-based reputation threat of their corporation and brand during 2010.
- CVS's Lesson: Carpe Diem. Argenti, Paul A. // Harvard Business Review Digital Articles;2/7/2014, p2
The article looks at how companies protect their reputation and brands while enhancing and realizing strategic value for them including reviewing their business practices and the decision of CVS/Caremark to forego sales of tobacco and related products.
- Don't skimp when it comes to marketing your firm. Miller, Kay // Indianapolis Business Journal;12/27/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 43, p22
Identifies three basic considerations for business owners when budgeting for marketing and/or public relations. Discovery of the fact that business owners often forget that it takes budgeted funds to create an image and communicate it; Fear of spending or reluctance to spend money on media;...
- IMAGE. Clow, Kenneth E.; Baack, Donald // Concise Encyclopedia of Advertising;2005, p93
A definition of the term "image" in advertising is presented. It refers to consumer perceptions on the brand, company or product being sold. Several factors are affecting company image or brand. They include advertising, product labels, where the product is sold and consumer interactions with...
- Protecting Images with Inoculation: A look at Brand, Country, Individual, and Corporate Images. Ivanov, Bobi; Parker, Kimberly A. // International Journal of the Image;2011, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p1
This essay discusses the strategic capability of inoculation to protect images such as those of brands, countries, individuals, and corporations. After defining the concept of image and establishing its strength and vulnerability, the efficacy of four alternative image defense strategies...
- inside out. Pitcher, Greg // Personnel Today;1/22/2008 Guide to Employer Brandig, p9
The article discusses how a company can cultivate an external image attractive to jobseekers as well as how important it is that this image is matched by the internal brand they find if they become employees. An employer's internal brand is made up of a long list of ingredients, which range from...
- Accounting and valuation of intangible assets. Da Camara, Nuno // Henley Manager Update;Summer2007, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p11
Assets such as brand and reputation are recognised as having an enormous impact on the value of organisations. Yet, by nature, these assets are difficult to identify and measure. How might we overcome the challenges inherent in trying to account for and regulate intangible assets?
- THE IMPACT OF STORE IMAGE, FREQUENCY OF DISCOUNT, AND DISCOUNT MAGNITUDE ON CONSUMERS' VALUE PERCEPTIONS AND SEARCH INTENTION. Wu, Bob; Petroshius, Susan; Newell, Stephen // Marketing Management Journal;Spring2004, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p14
A study was conducted to determine if perception of an advertised discount is affected by the magnitude of the discount, frequency of store discounting and store image. Results indicate that the higher the discount, the greater perceived value and interest in the product/brand. There is little...
- STUDY: ADVERTISING MAKES BAD NEWS EVEN WORSE. // Brandweek;1/21/2008, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p5
The article discusses a study that was in the December 2007 issue of "Journal of Advertising Research," which suggests that companies should pull their advertising when dealing with negative press. The article explains that the approach is viewed as risky, but it may be the most effective...