Taking ITV for a Drive
- InteractiveTV. // MediaWeek;9/10/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 33, pIQ5
Provides information on a Wink-enhanced advertisement created for Ford automobiles. Background on the Wink interactive television system; Limitations of the Wink system.
- DirecTV, Echostar Focusing On Interactive Offerings. Holmes, Mark // Satellite News;9/18/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 36, p1
The article reports on the interactive offerings of satellite operators DirecTV and Echostar to remain competitive in the pay-television scene. The game service DirecTV Game Lounge will be launched by DirecTV according to Eric Shanks, executive vice president of DirecTV Entertainment. The...
- Satellite Soldier's New Weapons. Kerschbaumer, Ken // Broadcasting & Cable;11/21/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 49, p22
Presents an interview with Eric Shanks, DirecTV senior vice president. Reception of the company's set-top box called DirecTV Plus, which houses more video-on-demand content and games; Plans for the interactive television arena; Vision for the company.
- Nothing But Net for DirecTV's ITV Hoops. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;3/27/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 13, p14
Reports on the percentage of subscribers who subscribed to the National Collegiate Athletic Association "Mega March Madness" of DirecTV Inc. Information on the percentage of subscribers who used the Game Mix channel; Remarks from Eric Shanks, executive vice president of DirecTV Entertainment,...
- Satellite Explores Interactive Spots. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;5/9/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 19, p42
Reports on the plan of Echostar's DISH Network to launch an interactive advertisement for the BMW 3 Series automobile in the second quarter of 2005. Concept of the advertisement; Technology applied in the advertisements; Purpose of developing the DirecTV Advertising Development Partner Program,...
- DirectTV: Web's an Ally. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;7/14/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 27, p14
The article reports that DirecTV sees Web site as the major technological ally as it tries to match cable in bringing on-demand video content. Eric Shanks said that the satellite-TV provider in U.S. will lean on the Internet connection of the customers to support DirecTV On Demand and other...
- Net Makes Interactive Move. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;5/29/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 22, p38
The article reports on a deal signed by shopping channel Ultimate Shopping Network with Internet protocol television (IPTV) provider Interactive Television Networks (ITVN) to deliver the former's channel with one-screen interactive capability. The network plans to use the deal as part of its...
- ITV's Future Could Hinge on DirectTV. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;11/17/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 46, p13
Looks at the state of interactive TV (ITV) in the U.S. broadcasting sector as competing satellite service DirectTV plans to launch ITV in the near future, as of November 17, 2003. Stand of cable operators on the concept of ITV; Possible impact of DirectTV's line of attack on the industry; State...
- DirecTV sees big boost from local TV. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;02/14/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p10
Reports on United States-based direct broadcast satellite company DirecTV Inc.'s forecast that new local-channel and interactive-service offerings could help to boost monthly revenues. President Eddy Hartenstein's speech at a Merrill Lynch conference in New York; DirecTV rates; Subscribers.