PEOPLE & CALENDAR
- Just a glorified trade fair. Brown, Maggie // New Statesman;9/5/2005, Vol. 134 Issue 4756, p15
Discusses the conference of television executives in England in 2005. Comments about the conference and the speeches that were made; Comparison to previous conferences; Assumption that the festival has changed in spirit and focus; Lack of quality in television programming.
- PEOPLE & CALENDAR. // Multichannel News;7/5/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 27, p12
Presents updates on executive succession and calendar of events in the cable television programming industry in the U.S. as of July 2004. Kerry Sheldon Hughes of ABC Network Group; Chris Shea of Comcast Corp.; Cable & Telecommunications Association for Marketing Summit.
- Kip Compton. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;7/12/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 28, p50
Features Kip Compton, vice president of video and media architecture at Comcast Corp. Educational and career background; Goal of the Comcast advanced engineering group; Views on the evolution of the cable industry.
- Comcast Network Investment Guru. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/20/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 42, p16
Profiles Amy Banse, executive vice president of programming investments at Comcast. Educational background; Portfolio of investments in cable networks handled by Banse; Career highlights.
- Building a Bigger Presence In Washington. McConnell, Bill // Broadcasting & Cable;1/12/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 2, p52
Features Kerry A. Knott, vice president of federal affairs at cable operator Comcast Corp. His reputation in the field of business; Background in Comcast; Contributions to Comcast's operational status. INSET: Kerry A. Knott.
- Industryites cozy up at Arab confab. Meza, Ed // Variety;5/9/205, Vol. 398 Issue 12, p32
Reports on the first Arabia Conference in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Organizer of the event; Television broadcasting companies that send executives to attend the conference; Broadcast and marketing executives who attended the meeting.
- NATPE floor shows signs of rebound. Guider, Elizabeth; Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;1/19/2004, Vol. 282 Issue 15, p1
Reports on the highlights of the National Association of Television Program Executives conference in Las Vegas, Nevada. Increase in the number of attendance during the conference; Discussion on the problems of the business; Return of major companies in the conference.
- NAPTE back at the Bay. ELIZABETHY GUIDER // Daily Variety;3/29/2006, Vol. 290 Issue 64, p6
The article reports on the National Association of Television Program Executives' plan to hold its 2007 Conference and Exhibition on January 15 to 18, 2006 at the Mandalay Bay Resort in Las Vegas, Nevada. It discusses the related Mobile ++ Conference will be held concurrently. The dates for the...
- PREVIEWING NATPE '06. Grossman, Ben // Broadcasting & Cable;11/7/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 45, p11
Previews the 2006 conference of the National Association of Television Program Executives. Date and venue of the conference; Highlights of the event; Keynote speaker.