- Grappling With Life After 'Raw' Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;9/19/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 39, p9
Focuses on the plan of Spike TV to target audiences of the World Wrestling Entertainment's "Raw" series by airing live episodes of the program "Ultimate Fighting Championship" (UFC) in October 2005. Information on the household rating generated by the first UFC event at Spike; Details of...
- 'Tara' forges own identity. Hibberd, James // Hollywood Reporter;1/22/2009, Vol. 408 Issue 13, p6
The article focuses on the screening of the television series "United States of Tara," on Home Box Office Inc. It states that the debut of the show drew more viewers than series premieres of the network's other programs. According to the sources, the first airing of the series was seen by...
- Longer Season 6 for 'Sopranos' Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;8/15/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 33, p3
Reports on the extended sixth season of the TV series "The Sopranos." Number of the show's episodes; Audience share for the program's fifth season; Remarks from HBO executive Chris Albrecht on the extended series.
- 'Sopranos' takes a hit. Dempsey, John; Adalian, Josef // Daily Variety;4/11/2007, Vol. 295 Issue 7, p1
The article reports on the decline in the viewership of the television program "The Sopranos" shown on Home Box Office Inc. (HBO) channel. Compared to 9.47 million viewers who watched the first episode in March 2006, HBO Sunday night viewership stood at 7.66 million, with the adult number down...
- MTV Networks Ponders Spike Fix. // Broadcasting & Cable;1/31/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 5, p6
Discusses the status of television programming of Spike TV in January 2005. Problems faced by the network on its programming; Ratings of the network among men audiences; Television programs of the network.
- Aud's taste for 'Blood' Levine, Stuart // Daily Variety;6/17/2009, Vol. 303 Issue 51, p6
The article reports on the most watched new season of the television program "True Blood" from Home Box Office Inc. (HBO). It mentions that the program has accumulated 3.7 million viewers on its 9 p.m. telecast while 1.4 million viewers for the 11 p.m. airing. Michael Lombardo, president of HBO...
- Viewer passion goes out of fashion. Schneider, Michael // Electronic Media;10/06/97, Vol. 16 Issue 41, p2
Focuses on attempts made to save high-quality low-rated television programs in the United States, while stating that membership of the Viewers for Quality Television has decreased. Identification of such television programs; Reference to fraternity houses' attempts to save Pauly Shore's...
- Cartoon: Not Just For Kids Anymore. // Multichannel News;10/8/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 41, p23
Reports the television programs of Cartoon Network suitable for adult viewers. Launch of animated shows for adults; Increase in the number of adult-oriented advertisers; Name of companies advertising in the network.
- Oz masthead mania. Woods, Mark // Variety;03/16/98, Vol. 370 Issue 5, p82
Focuses on the success of television program in Australia which based on popular magazine. Launching of `E! News,' from Network Ten; Other popular television show in Australia.