Fangoria TV Looks to Sink Fangs Into Carriage
- NBCU Eyes Horror, Crime Nets. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;4/25/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 17, p4
Reports on the plans of NBC Universal Cable to launch horror- and crime-themed television networks in the U.S. Remarks from company president David Zaslav regarding the plans of the company; Inception of the choice of television network concept by the company; Deal that might be beneficial to...
- HORROR, EDGIER FARE IN DRAMA PIPELINE. Lisotta, Christopher // Television Week;2/7/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p22
Deals with drama programs to be launched by television broadcast networks in the U.S. Horror show developed by WB; Response of television networks to drama series with complicated characters; Overview of the hospital dramas being developed by CBS, NBC and Fox.
- NBCU Plans New Horror, Crime Channels. // Multichannel News;1/15/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p38
The article reports on the plans of the NBC Universal Cable Entertainment company (NBCU) to launch a crime channel and a horror network in the U.S. NBCU plans a 24-hour service called Chiller, which DirecTV Inc. will be the first to carry. The company is exploring its film and television...
- DEAD SET. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;10/25/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 40, p12
The article reviews the television program "Dead Set," directed by Charles Brooker.
- Harper's Island. Gliatto, Tom // People;4/13/2009, Vol. 71 Issue 14, p39
The article reviews the television program "Harper's Island," starring Elaine Cassidy.
- ASSESSING THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN TELEVISION PROGRAMME CHOICES AND AGGRESSION TENDENCIES IN CHILDREN GOING THROUGH EARLY ADOLESCENCE EARLY ADOLESCENCE. Damar, Mustafa; Gülay, Hülya; Seven, Serdal // International Journal of Academic Research;Jul2011, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p257
The purpose of this study is to assess the relationship between film choices and aggression in children going through early adolescence. Participants of the study comprised of 167 (88 girls and 79 boys) normally developed sixth and seventh grade students attending 4 elementary school in the...
- Net deal is a Monster. Martin, Denise // Daily Variety;11/8/2005, Vol. 289 Issue 27, p3
Reports that Monsters high definition, the only dedicated horror channel, has licensed 44 classic and contemporary horror titles from Warner Bros. Inc. Domestic Distribution in the U.S.
- Fox to spawn horror 'Tales' Brodesser, Claude; Adalian, Josef // Daily Variety;1/28/2005, Vol. 286 Issue 23, p1
Reports on the development of the television program "Twisted Tales" by television writer Todd McFarlane for Fox network in Los Angeles, California. Partnership of McFarlane with the AngryFilms; Focus on tales of horror, fantasy and science fiction; Credit of McFarlane in creating the television...
- 'Spirited' Approach to Turn Net Into Prime Destination. Malone, Michael // Broadcasting & Cable;10/26/2015, Vol. 145 Issue 37, p22
The article highlights the Halloween-themed programming of several U.S. broadcasters, with digital channel Destination America staging its "Exorcism: Live!" special on October 30, 2015 while TLC will be airing a two-hour block showcase billed as "Jack-o-Lantern Live." Topics discussed include...