NJ. Pol: Poker Nets Should Ante Up
- RTE Irish digital is going private. Brennan, Steve // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;02/29/2000, Vol. 361 Issue 49, p6
Reports on the controversy over the Irish government's plan to force state-run Irish Television, RTE to sell off all of the country's planned digital transmission network to the private sector. Irish government's amendment of an Irish Broadcasting Bill; Overview on the disagreement between RTE...
- Gallic laws up against it as cable plays new toon. Williams, Michael // Variety;10/27/97, Vol. 368 Issue 12, p30
Reports on the decision of French television regulatory body, the CSA, to allow Ted Turner's Cartoon Network to be carried on cable. Aspects of the Gallic television laws; CSA's struggle to keep the toon service out of France.
- Distribution is cable's cross to bear. Brown, Rich // Broadcasting & Cable;1/30/95, Vol. 125 Issue 5, p28
Reports on the expectations of the new cable networks in the continuation of distribution problems. Deal between Television Food Network with a telephone company to offer recipes in demand; Advantages of the FCC's going-forward rules on new stations.
- X-ing out C-SPAN? Mundy, Alicia // Brandweek;3/17/97, Vol. 38 Issue 11, Adweek p6
Focuses on regulatory issues facing the cable industry. Disposition of the `must carry' provision of the 1992 Cable Act; Failure of the Telecom Act; Impact of TCI's dropping of C-SPAN in lieu of Animal Planet.
- Brits rebuked over TNT license. Clarence, Mavis // Hollywood Reporter;1/26/95, Vol. 335 Issue 38, p10
Reports on the ultimatum issued by the European Commission to Great Britain over its granting of an operating license to Ted Turner's TNT & Cartoon Network in Europe. British government's violation of European Union laws; Provision of EU's `Television Without Frontiers' directive; EU culture...
- TV storm brews. Nadler, John // Variety;8/14/95, Vol. 360 Issue 2, p50
Reports on the American and European television investors' hope that the Bill for Radio, Television & Telecommunications law will be approved in Hungary. Sale of the state-controlled MTV2 television channel upon the passage of the bill; Interest of local media moguls in the channel.
- Dispatches. Edmunds, Marlene; Zecchinelli, Cecilia; Foreman, Liza; Sutter, Mary; Herskovitz, Jon // Variety;01/31/2000, Vol. 377 Issue 11, p25
Provides updates and news items on television broadcasting as of January 31, 2000. Information on the legislation passed by the Dutch Second Chamber on channel profiling scheme in Holland; Selling of RAI stocks to Rizzoli-Corriere della Sera; Plans of Nickelodeon Latin America to open an office...
- The Cable Act at 20: Time for an Update. // Multichannel News;7/30/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 30, p35
The author presents his views on the updation of the U.S. Cable Act of 1992 which did not contemplate the dynamic market television networks have today.
- AROUND THE DIAL: SPAIN. Rolfe, Pamela // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;10/5/2007, Vol. 400 Issue 54, pS16
The article focuses on the current scenario in the Spanish television industry. Information is given about the dispute between Spanish television networks Sogecable and Mediapro over securing the broadcasting rights of a soccer tournament. This trend of frictions among the local networks is...