Fox News Pitching Now, Hiking Later
- A tip of the hat to HGTV, Nickelodeon-and Giuliani. Ross, Chuck // Advertising Age;12/9/1996, Vol. 67 Issue 50, pS2
Looks at three cable television networks and their marketing efforts in 1996. Nickelodeon; The Home & Garden Television network; The Fox News Channel; The assistance of New York City Mayor Rudolph Giuliani.
- ITV chief calls on clients to use TV. Brech, Poppy // Marketing (00253650);3/22/2001, p2
Reports the call from marketing and commercial director John Hardie of ITV for advertisers to invest into television in Madrid, Spain. Decrease in revenue of the company; Need for advertisers to evaluate media choices; Change in program schedules of the television station.
- UPN forms ad unit. // Electronic Media;9/30/96, Vol. 15 Issue 40, p32
States that the UPN company formed an in-house advertiser sales division and appointed Perri Stein as the senior vice president of advertiser sales.
- Looking for the young and restless. Hendrickson, Paula // Advertising Age;5/12/1997, Vol. 68 Issue 19, pS16
Discusses the position of UPN and WB Network as the two new broadcast networks in the 1997 prime-time network television upfront market for advertising. The emphasis of the two new networks on younger audiences; The success of the show `Buffy the Vampire Slayer.'
- ITV is paying a heavy price for past arrogance, will it change? Snoddy, Raymond // Marketing (00253650);10/18/2001, p20
Focuses on the slowdown of ITV advertising revenues in Great Britain. Accounts on the history of ITV arrogance due to the success of ITV advertising in the past years; Explanation for the decline in ITV sales operations; Concern over the negotiation between television companies regarding...
- CNN, Fox, MSNBC vie to stand out in upfront. Linnett, Richard // Advertising Age;5/5/2003, Vol. 74 Issue 18, p34
The article reports on how cable news channels are competing for the attention of advertisers in the effort to improve upfront ad sales. CNN is promoting the hard-news value of the network, its elite audience and its reach. Fox News is stressing the overall increase in its viewers. MSNBC plans...
- Fox Business Works It. Crupi, Anthony // MediaWeek;10/15/2007, Vol. 17 Issue 37, p5
The article discusses the launch of News Corp.'s Fox Business Network on October 15, 2007. The company kept details about the network to a minimum, but high profile advertisers such as Scottrade, Nationwide, MasterCard and Lending Tree signed up in advance of the launch. The network will compete...
- Fox Business Network Says It's Ready to Fight. Crupi, Anthony // Adweek;10/15/2007, Vol. 48 Issue 37, p7
The article discusses how the cable news network Fox is planning to launch the Fox Business Network. The article explains that the Fox Business Network will have to compete with both CNBC and Bloomberg, which have been around for numerous years and have a strong base. The article comments on the...
- Advertisers to select show for ITV2. // Marketing Week;5/2/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 18, p12
Reports the offer by ITV television network to advertisers to commission a one-hour entertainment show to be broadcast on ITV2 in Great Britain. Focus on providing advertisers and agencies insight into commissioning; Use of interactive handsets to vote for the idea for conference audience;...