Court Quiet on Adelphia Sale
- Cash and Cable. Grossman, Andrew // Broadcasting & Cable;10/4/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 40, p8
Reports on the plan of Comcast Corp. and Time Warner Inc. to bid for Adelphia Communications Corp. in the U.S. as of October 4, 2004. Information on a deal between Comcast Corp. and Time Warner; Benefits of acquiring Adelphia to the companies; Effect of the bid on the bondholders of Adelphia.
- Adelphia Pick Could Take Time. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;2/14/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p4
Reports on the decision of Adelphia Communication Corp. to extend the period that bids for the company will be open as of February 2005. Bid price given by Time Warner Inc. and Comcast Corp. for the entire company; Multisystem operators that have bid on specific parts of the company;...
- Comcast, TW Eye Adelphia. Sherman, Jay // Television Week;10/4/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 40, p21
Focuses on a possible joint partnership between Comcast and Time Warner for the assets of bankrupt cable operator Adelphia Communications. Terms of the partnership agreement signed by Comcast with Time Warner Cable; Plan of Charter Communications to bid for Adelphia; Views of Merrill Lynch...
- A Man Who Loves Cable. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;3/7/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p25
Focuses on a statement issued by Richard Parsons, CEO of Time Warner, on the the effort of the company to improve its business in the broadcasting industry, during the Bear & Co. Media Conference in Palm Beach, Florida on March 1, 2005. Bid price of Time Warner with Comcast Corp. for the...
- On the Block, Adelphia Consolidates in Anaheim. Maio, Pat // Orange County Business Journal;10/11/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 41, p1
Reports on the plan of Adelphia Communications Corp., the bankrupt cable operator, to consolidate its business from Santa Ana to Anaheim, California. Adelphia's plan to sell part of its business to a venture of Comcast Corp. and Time Warner Inc.; Customer complaints against Adelphia; Reasons for...
- Adelphia Communications revises bankruptcy plan. // Buffalo Law Journal;6/30/2005, Vol. 77 Issue 52, p1
Reports on the joint merger of Adelphia Communications Corp. with Time Warner Inc. and Comcast Corp. Components of the bankruptcy reorganization plan of Adelphia; Amount of assets sold by Adelphia to Time Warner and Comcast; Reasons behind the business failure of Adelphia.
- FTC OK's Adelphia Deal. Eggerton, John // Broadcasting & Cable;2/6/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 6, p23
Reports on the approval of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission on the acquisition of Adelphia by Time Warner and Comcast. Value of the acquisition; Plans of the two companies on Adelphia; Statement of the commission on the decision.
- Adelphia Resets Plan. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;4/17/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 16, p42
Focuses on the changes in the fourth plan of reorganization filed by Adelphia Communications Corp. that it hopes will speed up its bankruptcy process and pave the way for its acquisition by Time Warner and Comcast Corp. Conditions set by the reorganization plan for bondholders; Reduction in the...
- Adelphia's settlement: $715 mil. Andersen, Kathleen // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;4/26/2005, Vol. 388 Issue 44, p3
The article reports that Adelphia Communications Corp. said that it has reached a $715 million deal with the government that will settle fraud charges and keep the company free of criminal charges as it emerges from bankruptcy. In December, Adelphia said that it wanted to settle for $325...