- Five-year Wal-Mart growth plan raises bar of 'unbelievable!' // DSN Retailing Today;Jun2004 Supplement, Vol. 43, p7
Focuses on retailer Wal-Mart Stores Inc.'s growth prospects in the Northwest Arkansas area. Factors contributing to the company's industry dominance; Sales expectations for 2004 to 2008; Company's ability to pile on sales volume.
- Facing Up to Big Box Retailing. Levin, Jon // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;Feb2005, Vol. 106 Issue 2, p16
Focuses on the importance of innovation to survive the stiff competition in the retail industry in the U.S. Reasons for the demise of department stores and the sorry state of American retailing; Factors that contributed to the phenomenal success of Wal-Mart Stores Inc.; Need to consider new ways...
- Wal-Mart to segment U.S. stores. // SCTXtra;9/11/2006, Vol. 11 Issue 35, p1
The article presents information on the business planning of Wal-Mart Stores Inc. under which it is effectively breaking its 3,400-unit U.S. division into six smaller chains targeting specific consumers. The goal is to increase its stores' sales which have slowed in recent years. Till now two...
- Wal-Mart's new '99' center packs in the potential. Troy, Mike // DSN Retailing Today;2/9/2004, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p4
Reports on the business opening of Wal-Mart Stores Inc. in Tampa, Florida. Physical description of the site; Concept of the supercenter; Operational-oriented changes related to the reduced size of the stores; Marketing strategy of the company; Products and services offered in the store.
- Staying on Message. Troy, Mike // DSN Retailing Today;2/28/2005, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p23
Focuses on the business operations and activities of Wal-Mart Stores Inc. in the U.S. Financial performance of the company; Business plans; Approach taken to make the company a better place to work and stores a better place to shop.
- Built for SPEED? Zwiebach, Elliot // SN: Supermarket News;11/1/2010, Vol. 58 Issue 44, p10
The article reports on the plans of retail chain company Wal-Mart Stores Inc. to develop small format stores for expansion in urban areas in the U.S. It notes that Wal-Mart has revealed their plans of opening medium-sized stores with 30,000 to 60,000 square feet and to promote the expansion of...
- What suppliers can expect from Wal-Mart as the company begins a new fiscal year. // Retailing Today;Feb/Mar2008 Connecting, Vol. 47, p8
The article reports on the business plans of Wal-Mart Stores Inc. for 2008 that will affect suppliers in the U.S. Wal-Mart planned to add 170 supercenters in 2008 and 140 in 2009. Other plans of the company include acceleration of sustainable product development, improvement in capital...
- IN-STORE PLASMA TV. // DSN Retailing Today;1/10/2005, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p46
This article reports that Wal-Mart Stores Inc.'s instore television network could be in for a major increase in viewership thanks to the use of large, eye-catching plasma televisions. A super center adjacent to the retailer's Bentonville, Arkansas, headquarters was equipped last fall with...
- Wal-Mart's New Weapon: Supercenter Versatility. Zwiebach, Elliot // SN: Supermarket News;10/11/2004, Vol. 52 Issue 41, p1
Reports on the plan of Wal-Mart to open supercenters in fiscal year beginning February 1, 2005. Illustration of Wal-Mart's flexible approach to supercenter development; Changes introduced at a Wal-Mart store in Muskogee, Oklahoma; Effect of the success of the Tampa, Florida store on Wal-Mart.