A Strong Year Underway, M&A Rises to $559 Billion
- Extra! Extra! Don't Read All About It: Difficult market has companies keeping mum on potential mergers. Marino, Jonathan // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/31/2008, Vol. 74 Issue 13, p6
The article reports on the impact of the fluctuations in stock and credit market on merger and acquisition transactions in the U.S. It is argued that selling a business is a mid-market phenomenon and it would add a high level of uncertainty in the market. Moreover, it is noted that the special...
- NYSE May Buy Amex. // Money Management Executive;1/21/2008, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p5
The article provides information concerning the plan of the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) to buy its rival the American Stock Exchange, known as the Amex, in the U.S. The author infers that the NYSE-Amex hook-up would be the first big move by NYSE chief executive Duncan Niederauer, who is said...
- WEEK IN REVIEW. // Crain's Detroit Business;07/10/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 28, p48
Reports business developments in Michigan as of July 2000. Plans in constructing an information technology center by Volkswagen of America Inc. in Rochester Hills; Merger plans of Northwest Airlines and AMR Corp.; Issues on the control of Hamstrack's finances; Demolition of Sharon Steel...
- 'Odd-couple' acquisitions on the rise, but uncertainties remain for long-term relations. Paull, Greg // Campaign Asia-Pacific;Feb2015, p14
The author discusses the challenges associated with the initiative of several companies to acquire digital media and entertainment firms in China.
- A Banker's Role in Corporate Merger Planning. Grimm, Willard T. // Banking;Aug66, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p45
Explores the role of bankers in the planning of corporate mergers. Problem areas in corporate consolidation; Stages in the merger planning process; Factors which should be considered by bankers during merger negotiations.
- Firms set for inaugural Australian listing. Middleton, David // Lawyer;10/16/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 40, p12
The article reports on the plan of Integrated Legal Holdings, which is based in Perth, England, to raise 14 million Australian dollars through an initial public offering and intends listing on the Australian Stock Exchange on December 12, 2006. The company also plans to acquire Perth-based...
- still water stirring. Dumiak, Michael // U.S. Banker;Sep2003, Vol. 113 Issue 9, p53
Reports on the decline of buyouts and mergers in the financial industry in the U.S. Accounts on the stability of the stock market; Transfer of the facility of investment banks doing business advising mergers; Requirements for buyouts and firm expansion.
- Evidence on mergers and acquisitions. Pautler, Paula A. // Antitrust Bulletin;Spring2003, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p119
Discusses an empirical economics literature on related to the effects of mergers and acquisitions on the stock market in the U.S. Examination of the relationship between market concentration and the profits or prices of firms in a market; Analysis on the trends in merger and acquisition...
- Publisher takes old title. // Crain's New York Business;8/6/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 32, p38
Reports business developments in New York as of August 2001. Acquisition of Quaker, the maker of the sports drink Gatorade, by Pepsi Co.; Merger of television channels WNET/Channel 13 and WLIW/Channel 21; Stock performance of Verizon Communications Inc.