Leveraged Loans: Technicals Still Good
- Accrual Quality and Borrowing Costs in the Syndicated Loans Market. Wasan, Sonia; Vijayakumar, Jayaraman; Daniels, Kenneth N. // Journal of Accounting & Finance (2158-3625);2013, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p45
We investigate the role of accrual quality in influencing borrowing costs in the syndicated loan market. Using a large sample of syndicated loans, and controlling for issue, and issuer characteristics that could influence borrowing costs, we show that lower accrual quality can exacerbate...
- Record Volume For US Syn Loan Mart In '04. // Bank Loan Report;1/10/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p1
The article reports on US syndicated loans. It appears that 2004 was a record year for US syndicated loan issuance, signifying the robust growth of the asset class over recent years. Total US syndicated loans were up by nearly $364 billion, or 37 percent, over 2003 levels and 9 percent over 2000...
- Syndicated Loan Issuance for M&A Roars. Hamerman, Joshua // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;1/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p1
The article deals with the improving trends in syndicated loan issuance for merger and acquisition in the U.S. The cost of syndicated loan issuance for mergers and acquisitions raised 61 percent year-over-year in 2006. The increase in loan issuance was caused by the improving performance of the...
- THE REPUBLIC OF CONGO'S DEBT RESTRUCTURING: ARE SOVEREIGN CREDITORS GETTING THEIR VOICE BACK? Richards, Mark B. // Law & Contemporary Problems;Fall2010, Vol. 73 Issue 4, p273
The article discusses the issue on Congo (Brazzaville's) debt restructuring. It states that its creditors had transformed from bank syndicates to include hedge funds, institutional investors, investment funds, and fund managers, when it was ready to restructure its debt. It mentions the...
- To Participate or Syndicate? That is the Lender's Question. Franks, Matthew E. // Secured Lender;May/Jun2005, Vol. 61 Issue 3, p30
Examines the benefits and risks associated with multi lender financing arrangements in the U.S. Assessment of the structure of loan participation in the financing arrangements; Analysis of the role of lead lender and participants in the arrangements; Examination of reasons behind the purchasing...
- First Half 2005 Total Global Syndicated Loans. // Bank Loan Report;7/11/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 27, p11
Presents a chart depicting the total global syndicated loans for the first half of 2005.
- Loanbase Statistics -- Syndicated US Loans. // Bank Loan Report;1/31/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p4
Presents a chart depicting loanbase statistics of the syndicated loans in the U.S.
- IN MARKET US Syndicated Loans (1/20/05 -- 1/27/05). // Bank Loan Report;1/31/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p5
Presents a chart depicting syndicated loans in the U.S.
- Loanbase Statistics -- Syndicated US Loans. // Bank Loan Report;10/31/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 41, p4
Presents a chart depicting the statistics of syndicated loans in the U.S. as of October 27, 2005.