Agencies Don't Feel The Love for Retail
- A Very Private Moment. Sloan, Allan; Ramirez, Jessica // Newsweek;8/7/2006, Vol. 148 Issue 6, p44
The article focuses on a Wall Street trend towards companies going private since private-equity investments have produced consistent double-digit returns while stocks are low. The article focuses on a deal to turn HCA Inc., the nation's largest hospital operator, into a privately held company....
- Private equity has a hunger for food and drink brands. // Grocer;8/17/2013, p24
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Private Equity Deals Up As Trade Interest Slows" in the August 10, 2013 issue.
- Which Cable Customers Are Higher Risk? Johnson, Andrew // American Banker;7/26/2011, Vol. 176 Issue 114, p16
Brief information is given about a survey which found a higher credit risk among consumers who ask cable providers for credit to pay for their service than among the general population.
- Market conditions for collections remain stable - but tougher times ahead. // Credit Management;Sep2008, p6
The article focuses on the market conditions where in it illustrates the credit trends in Great Britain. It relates the data produced by TDX Group, a leading provider of analytics-based debt management solution which states the significant deterioration in household wealth ensuing to a drastic...
- Returns to Private Equity - Idiosyncratic Riskï¿½Doesï¿½Matter!*. Mueller, Elisabeth // Review of Finance;Jul2011, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p545
Owners of private companies often invest a substantial share of their net worth in one company, which exposes them to idiosyncratic risk. We investigate whether owners of US companies require compensation for lack of diversification in the form of higher returns on equity. Exposure to...
- Building a better index. // Pensions & Investments;3/4/2013, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p10
The editorial looks at investing in private equity, as of 2013, expressing concern about the absence of comprehensive, publicly available information about private equity-held companies that could be used by institutional investors, who it notes increasingly hold private equity among their assets.
- Private equity poised to take over the region. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;3/24/2006, Vol. 50 Issue 12, p41
This article reports on the private equity funds that are being raised in the Middle East. Sixteen private equity funds are being raised in the region worth a total of 2,200 million U.S. dollars. There are 29 private equity firms in the Middle East with close to a total of 6,000 million U.S....
- Private equity defined. // Finweek;10/25/2007, p57
A definition of the term "private equity" is presented. It refers to the shareholder capital invested in private companies which has distinctions from publicly listed companies. Such funds in the private equity funds are generally investment vehicles which are not listed on a public stock...
- The storm over 'locusts'. Reeves, Richard // Management Today;May2007, p25
The article reflects on the author's view on the envy of companies to private-equity firms in Great Britain. According to him, the vast wealth being accumulated by these firms will cascade down to a new generation, and that a new aristocracy is in danger of being born. Furthermore, private...