Hunting for Oil and Gas Reserves in M&A
- ChevronTexaco to acquire Unocal. // National Petroleum News;May2005, Vol. 97 Issue 5, p10
Reports that ChevronTexaco Corp. has agreed to acquire El Segundo, Calif.-based Unocal Corp. Purchase price; Terms of the agreement; Impact on the operations of two companies.
- ENERGY & POWER. // Investment Dealers' Digest;4/18/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 15, p24
The article presents statistical information on global energy underwriting volume as of April 11, 2005. China's third-largest oil company, China National Offshore Oil Co., acquired 17% of MEG Energy, a Canadian oil-and-gas company, for U.S. $123 million. While CNOOC has been active in acquiring...
- Chevron buying Unocal. // Dow Theory Forecasts;4/11/2005, Vol. 61 Issue 15, p1
Reports on the plan of ChevronTexaco Corp. to buy Unocal Corp. Value of the agreement; Expectation of Chevron for the merger to yield annual cost savings of $325 million; Benefits of the merger for both companies.
- Energy Deals Make 2005 Big Year for Big Mergers. Platt, Gordon // Global Finance;Feb2006, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p44
The article highlights mergers and acquisitions in the energy industry as of February 2006. The Houston, Texas-based ConocoPhillps, has agreed to acquire independent oil and gas producer, Burlington Resources in December 2005, in a stock-swap transaction. ChevronTexaco has merged with Unocal,...
- M&A Looks Hot -- and Energy Hotter Still. Sweeney, Paul // Financial Executive;Mar2006, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p24
The article focuses on expectations of an increase in mergers and acquisitions for 2006 in the oil and petroleum industry. It states that ConocoPhillips purchase of Burlington Resources and Chevron Texaco's acquisition of Unocal were two of the largest acquisitions that happened in 2005. It...
- FROM THE EDITOR. // Power Economics;2/2/2005, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p2
The article reports that two of the world's biggest economies--the U.S. and Great Britain will become increasingly dependent on shipped super-cooled gas as reserves closer to home continue to dwindle. Traders are watching the commodities marks even more closely as crude oil prices swing...
- Purchasing Competition Starts Once Again. // China Chemical Reporter;5/26/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 15, p5
Reports on the competition between China National Offshore Oil Corp. (CNOOC) and Chevron Texaco Corp. to purchase Unocal Corp. in China. Total amount of bid offered by Chevron Texaco to Unocal; Impact of the bid made by Chevron Texaco on the anticipation of winning the contract; Need for CNOOC...
- u.s. mergers & acquisitions. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Oct2005, Vol. 40 Issue 10, p47
A list of mergers and acquisitions in the United States is presented. It includes the acquisition of Horseshoe Ranch Nevada by Newmont Mining Corp. and Unocal Corp. by ChevronTexaco Corp.
- Around the Industry. // Tribology & Lubrication Technology;May2005, Vol. 61 Issue 5, p42
Presents news briefs on the lubrication and lubricants industry in the U.S. as of May 2005. Remarks from Ralph Alexander, CEO of BP, regarding the new name of BP; Acquisition of Lambent Technologies Corp. and Hansotech Inc. by Petroferm Inc.; Merger of Unocal Corp. with ChevronTexaco Corp.