Exporting Mid-Market Banking into LatAm
- Subsidizing Start-Ups: Policy Targeting and Policy Effectiveness. Kösters, Sarah // Journal of Industry, Competition & Trade;Sep2010, Vol. 10 Issue 3/4, p199
Start-up subsidies are a frequently employed policy instrument, the use of which is justified by alleged market failure resulting from positive external effects and capital market imperfections. This article investigates whether the allocation of subsidies reflects a policy focus on addressing...
- BREAKING DOWN: BARRIERS TO GROWTH. Hansen, Fay // Business Finance;Dec2006, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p26
The article reports on the implications of political crises on the global growth of capital markets in 2007 in the U.S. According to Mark Layton, global leader of enterprise risk services for Deloitte & Touche LLP, that economic risks, natural disasters and pandemics have continued to bother the...
- Competitive Strategy or Signal Jamming: A Test of Rivals' Response to M&A. Hunsader, Kenneth J. // ICFAI Journal of Applied Finance;Oct2008, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p39
The decision by any management to release information about firm's value depends not only on the firm's own financial position but may also depend on their desire to disrupt other firms' actions within their own industry. Previous research in finance has theorized that management sends signals...
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;7/09/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31673, p33
Presents information of trends in money and capital market in the U.S. as of July 2003. Securities prices of the U.S.; Fluctuations in visible supply declines; Short-term tax exempted yields.
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;7/10/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31674, p33
Presents trends in developments of money market and capital market of the U.S. as of July 2003. Market indicators; Security prices of the U.S.; Fluctuations in Visible Supply Declines.
- Interest Up For Inflation-Linked Products. O'Leary, Christopher // High Yield Report;4/11/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 14, p2
Reports on the initiation of inflation-protected securities as the interest of most bond markets in the U.S. Offer of inflation protected securities by LaSalle Broker Dealers as part of its retail-oriented bond issuance programs; Interest of the debt markets on the inflation protected bond;...
- Effect of Capital Markets on Environment. Desai, Rohit N. // Golden Research Thoughts;Apr2012, Vol. 1 Issue 10, Special section p1
Capital market is the market which gives capital to the business and individual enterprises. It generates capital for the long term and short term requirements of the capital market. There are three components of the Capital Market: 1. Stock Market, 2. Money Market, 3. Foreign Exchange Market.
- Inward FDI and Financial Constraints in Central and East European Countries. Rutkowski, Aleksander // Emerging Markets Finance & Trade;Sep/Oct2006, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p28
This study examines whether domestically owned firms in Central and Eastern European countries (CEECs) confronted higher financial constraints in their investments than did foreign-owned enterprises, and whether the domestic enterprises' financial constraints were caused by incoming foreign...
- A contingent claims analysis of trade credit. Adams, Paul D.; Wyatt, Steve B.; Kim, Yong H. // FM: The Journal of the Financial Management Association;Fall92, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p95
Trade credit involves the exchange of goods for a promised payment in some future period and accounts receivable represent a major proportion of corporate assets. However, little attention has been paid by the academic profession, as compared with other financial decisions, to the valuation of...