Growth Companies Look To Web to Replace VC
- Unlearning Lessons Of Internet Mania. Gurley, J. William // Fortune;12/10/2001, Vol. 144 Issue 12, p244
Discusses the outlook for startups in the Internet industry, as of December 2001. What can be learned by the collapse of the market bubble in the Internet industry; Idea that venture capitalists are beginning to reengage with Internet startups, but with caution; Opinion that startups must adapt...
- Good ideas don't need angel investors. Birol, Andrew J. // Crain's Cleveland Business;10/16/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 43, p20
Focuses on the importance of venture capital for startup high technology and Internet businesses in Ohio. Reasons why high technology and Internet businesses have a tough time getting started within the state; Trend among high technology entrepreneurs of turning into 'angel investors' to secure...
- Irrational Exuberance.com. Tice, David W. // On Wall Street;Jan2000, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p52
Focuses on venture capital funding for startup Internet and other high technology companies in the United States. Investments prior to initial public offerings of the companies; Effects of venture funding on company valuations; Reasons behind the interest on Internet companies.
- Live from NY: Customer service. Walsh, Mark; Birger, Jon // Crain's New York Business;06/07/99, Vol. 15 Issue 23, p14
Presents news briefs concerning the Internet industry in New York City, compiled as of June 7, 1999. Entry of Internet start-up LivePerson.com. into the market; California-based capital firm Draper Fisher Jurvetson's plan to launch a venture capital franchise for local technology startups in...
- Capital ideas. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;4/1/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 13, p27
Reports on the impact of the Internet industry on the venture capital market in Westchester County, New York. Development of software and information technology solutions; Growth of companies receiving venture capital financing; Highlight of the Venture Capital Outlook forum.
- Venturing Onto The Net. Weisul, Kimberly // Inter@ctive Week;08/16/99, Vol. 6 Issue 33, p65
Reports on the willingness of venture capitalists to invest in start-up Internet companies. Estimated value of Internet-related investments for the second-quarter of 1999; Decline in nanotechnology venture investments; Statistics on annual and quarterly investments in Internet start-ups from...
- Venture Cap Megabucks Flow. Cone, Edward // Inter@ctive Week;03/13/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p29
Focuses on the venture capital deals in the Internet industry in the United States as of March 13, 2000. Top 10 Internet funding deals in 1998 and 1999; Sources of the funds; Pattern of investments.
- The bucks keep coming: Record year for VC. // Electronic News;01/04/99, Vol. 45 Issue 2251, p4
Cites the rise in venture capital outlays in the United States for all industries in 1998. Growth in investments in Internet-related companies.
- Valley firms find Alley's on right coast. Vargas, Alexia // Crain's New York Business;08/21/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 34, p24
Discusses factors behind the increase in number of Internet businesses and venture capital firms that are establishing presence in New York City. Existence of a vast market for electronic products and services; Explosion of business opportunities surrounding both the city's traditional and...