Growth Companies Look To Web to Replace VC
- Unlearning Lessons Of Internet Mania. Gurley, J. William // Fortune;12/10/2001, Vol. 144 Issue 12, p244
Discusses the outlook for startups in the Internet industry, as of December 2001. What can be learned by the collapse of the market bubble in the Internet industry; Idea that venture capitalists are beginning to reengage with Internet startups, but with caution; Opinion that startups must adapt...
- Irrational Exuberance.com. Tice, David W. // On Wall Street;Jan2000, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p52
Focuses on venture capital funding for startup Internet and other high technology companies in the United States. Investments prior to initial public offerings of the companies; Effects of venture funding on company valuations; Reasons behind the interest on Internet companies.
- Live from NY: Customer service. Walsh, Mark; Birger, Jon // Crain's New York Business;06/07/99, Vol. 15 Issue 23, p14
Presents news briefs concerning the Internet industry in New York City, compiled as of June 7, 1999. Entry of Internet start-up LivePerson.com. into the market; California-based capital firm Draper Fisher Jurvetson's plan to launch a venture capital franchise for local technology startups in...
- Good ideas don't need angel investors. Birol, Andrew J. // Crain's Cleveland Business;10/16/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 43, p20
Focuses on the importance of venture capital for startup high technology and Internet businesses in Ohio. Reasons why high technology and Internet businesses have a tough time getting started within the state; Trend among high technology entrepreneurs of turning into 'angel investors' to secure...
- Valley firms find Alley's on right coast. Vargas, Alexia // Crain's New York Business;08/21/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 34, p24
Discusses factors behind the increase in number of Internet businesses and venture capital firms that are establishing presence in New York City. Existence of a vast market for electronic products and services; Explosion of business opportunities surrounding both the city's traditional and...
- Money tight for some Net companies. Brannon, Keith // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);07/03/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p1
Reports on the lack of venture capital for Internet companies. Decline in technology stocks in March 2000; Demand by investors for dot-coms to stem their losses and turn a profit.
- An Evolutionary Battle: VCs face vultures, cram-downs and consolidation in an era of diminished expectations. Tunick, Britt // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/19/2001, Vol. 67 Issue 11, pN.PAG
Focuses on the impact of decision of European venture capital firms to invest in Internet companies on the venture capital firms. Role of the investment in Internet firms in failure of venture capital firms of the U.S.; Companies which took benefits due to crisis in the venture capital...
- Capital ideas. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;4/1/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 13, p27
Reports on the impact of the Internet industry on the venture capital market in Westchester County, New York. Development of software and information technology solutions; Growth of companies receiving venture capital financing; Highlight of the Venture Capital Outlook forum.
- Venturing Onto The Net. Weisul, Kimberly // Inter@ctive Week;08/16/99, Vol. 6 Issue 33, p65
Reports on the willingness of venture capitalists to invest in start-up Internet companies. Estimated value of Internet-related investments for the second-quarter of 1999; Decline in nanotechnology venture investments; Statistics on annual and quarterly investments in Internet start-ups from...