Growth Companies Look To Web to Replace VC
- Unlearning Lessons Of Internet Mania. Gurley, J. William // Fortune;12/10/2001, Vol. 144 Issue 12, p244
Discusses the outlook for startups in the Internet industry, as of December 2001. What can be learned by the collapse of the market bubble in the Internet industry; Idea that venture capitalists are beginning to reengage with Internet startups, but with caution; Opinion that startups must adapt...
- Irrational Exuberance.com. Tice, David W. // On Wall Street;Jan2000, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p52
Focuses on venture capital funding for startup Internet and other high technology companies in the United States. Investments prior to initial public offerings of the companies; Effects of venture funding on company valuations; Reasons behind the interest on Internet companies.
- Good ideas don't need angel investors. Birol, Andrew J. // Crain's Cleveland Business;10/16/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 43, p20
Focuses on the importance of venture capital for startup high technology and Internet businesses in Ohio. Reasons why high technology and Internet businesses have a tough time getting started within the state; Trend among high technology entrepreneurs of turning into 'angel investors' to secure...
- Live from NY: Customer service. Walsh, Mark; Birger, Jon // Crain's New York Business;06/07/99, Vol. 15 Issue 23, p14
Presents news briefs concerning the Internet industry in New York City, compiled as of June 7, 1999. Entry of Internet start-up LivePerson.com. into the market; California-based capital firm Draper Fisher Jurvetson's plan to launch a venture capital franchise for local technology startups in...
- An Evolutionary Battle: VCs face vultures, cram-downs and consolidation in an era of diminished expectations. Tunick, Britt // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/19/2001, Vol. 67 Issue 11, pN.PAG
Focuses on the impact of decision of European venture capital firms to invest in Internet companies on the venture capital firms. Role of the investment in Internet firms in failure of venture capital firms of the U.S.; Companies which took benefits due to crisis in the venture capital...
- Venturing Onto The Net. Weisul, Kimberly // Inter@ctive Week;08/16/99, Vol. 6 Issue 33, p65
Reports on the willingness of venture capitalists to invest in start-up Internet companies. Estimated value of Internet-related investments for the second-quarter of 1999; Decline in nanotechnology venture investments; Statistics on annual and quarterly investments in Internet start-ups from...
- Wanted: Managers With Gray Hair. Baker, Pam // Georgia Trend;May2001, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p99
Discusses the trend in venture capital investments in Georgia. Growth of venture-backed Internet companies; Factors that determine which fledgling companies get funded; Lists of best investment bets.
- E-learning firms are chalking up venture capital. Walsh, Mark // Crain's New York Business;04/09/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 15, p4
Reports that New York City-based electronic-learning firms have acquired large amounts of venture capital. Estimated annual spending on K-12 instructional technology by 2003; Bigchalk.com Inc.'s second-round financing closure in March 2001; United States President George W. Bush's on-line...
- Venture Cap Megabucks Flow. Cone, Edward // Inter@ctive Week;03/13/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p29
Focuses on the venture capital deals in the Internet industry in the United States as of March 13, 2000. Top 10 Internet funding deals in 1998 and 1999; Sources of the funds; Pattern of investments.