Junk Bonds Make Another Comeback
- IG Investors Fish In HY's Nether Regions. S.H. // High Yield Report;5/3/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 18, p1
Reports on the increasing number of high-grade investors entering the high-yield bond market in the U.S. Investors' reasons for tapping the market; High-yield deals involving high-grade investors.
- Time To Play "You Think You Got It Bad...". C. J. C. // Bank Loan Report;9/15/2008, Vol. 23 Issue 35, p2
The author reflects on the high yield loans and bond market in the U.S., by looking at the European high yield market. It states that Europe has only two high yield issues which are both small private placements for the whole year as compared to that the U.S. Moreover, European market is...
- Slow Growth For Canadian Junk. Laughlin, Kate // Investment Dealers' Digest;4/24/2006, Vol. 72 Issue 16, p14
The article reports on the slow growth in the Canadian speculative-grade bond market after a year of lifting the Foreign Property Rule. According to the RBC Capital Markets figures, the first five weeks of 2006 show that bond issuance in Canada has more than doubled from 2005, but most come from...
- ETFs Shake Up High Yield Again. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;6/11/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 24, p1
The article discusses the volatility-driven cash inflow into the junk bond market triggered by exchange-traded funds as of June 11, 2012. Said market movement is reportedly attracting new money to the high yield market both from retail investors and institutional investors. It cites the May 10...
- Investors Slow HY Fund Cash. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;9/10/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 37, p33
The article reports on the investments made by investors in junk bonds, as of September 10, 2012.
- Asian Leveraged Finance Set To Come Of Age. K., R. // High Yield Report;2/25/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p1
The article provides information on the issuance of leveraged loan in Asia. Leverage loan issuance in the region increased to $43.9 billion in 2007 from $11.4 billion in 2006. On the other hand, high yield bond volume declined to $6.5 billion in 2007 from $7.8 billion in 2006. However, high...
- Investors Unafraid of Second-Lien Revival. M. S. // Bank Loan Report;11/1/2010, Vol. 25 Issue 42, p1
The article reports on the confidence of investors in dealing with the revival of second-lien high yield bond issuance in 2010 in the U.S. Accordingly, investors have learned from their mistakes in 2007 and asserts that the second-lien high yield bond market in 2010 is not as risky as before. It...
- Defaults Are Headed Due North. Cecil, Mark // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;06/19/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 25, p4
Reports the status of investments on bonds in the United States as of June 2000. Forecast on the cost of defaults on junk bonds; Implications to investors of risk in the bond market.
- Floaters Surge In Junk Market. Sargent, Carolyn // Investment Dealers' Digest;5/16/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 19, p7
Reports on the improvements in junk bond trading in the U.S. Investment trading in floating-rate notes; Expansion in the investor base; Support of the floating-rate leveraged loan market towards greater liquidity; Financial indicators.