IDD Out Takes
- Goldman Sachs to hike Utah workforce to 700 during next three years. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;6/16/2008, Vol. 37 Issue 51, p2
The article reports on the plans of Goldman Sachs, an investment banking, securities and investment management firm based in New York City, to grow its workforce in Salt Lake City, Utah. The firm wants its Salt Lake City workforce to grow from 350 to more than 700 during the next three years. A...
- As Guarantees to Bankers Dwindle, The Newest Thing Is The Letter' But what exactly does top 20% of your class' mean? Hahn, Avital Louria // Investment Dealers' Digest;5/21/2001, Vol. 67 Issue 20, pN.PAG
Discusses the steps being taken by investment banks in the U.S. for recruiting employees as of May 2001. Highlights of a letter of salary offer being made to employees; Provisions of the letter for banks and employees concerning the issue of guarantee; Advantages of the letter in situation of...
- Bankers invest in staff diversity initiative. // Personnel Today;4/16/2002, p4
Reports the recruitment initiative of the investment banks in Great Britain. Offer of work experience to ethnic minority undergraduates; Enhancement of diversity in the industry; Attraction of talented workforce.
- Saddam, Spiders and other examples of "Synergy". Healey, Bill // High Yield Report;6/30/2003, Vol. 14 Issue 26, p6
Focuses on the synergy in the financial markets including the trend for investment banks and other financial companies to acquire asset management firms.
- Mixed employment picture greets Wall Street job hunters. Kelly, Bruce // Pensions & Investments;10/13/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 21, p47
Hiring by investment banks, money managers and broker-dealers reflects various reactions. Some see the potential for more layoffs, while others say that hiring, albeit on a very selective basis, is beginning to creep back. Employment on Wall Street and in the securities industry was on the rise...
- B of A Securities Opens Phoenix Office. Boraks, David // American Banker;5/21/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 98, p20
Bank of America Securities LLC announced on Thursday that it had opened an office in Phoenix to sell public finance products in the Southwest. The investment banking unit of Bank of America Corp. also said it had hired Rebecca Eickley, the former energy and finance manager for Scottsdale,...
- One-Touch Trading Gains Momentum. D'Antona Jr., John // Traders Magazine;Dec2013, Vol. 26 Issue 358, p1
The article reports that institutional equities businesses are implementing a one-touch coverage model in securities trading which is a type of financial option wherein payoff is either some fixed amount of some asset or nothing at all. It states that larger investment banking and brokerage...
- Notices: SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION. // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;5/23/2014, Vol. 79 Issue 100, p29821
The article offers information on several notices from the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. These notices include notice of application in order of the Investment Company Act of 1940 , notice of application and temporary order from Credit Suisse Asset Management, LLC, an investment bank...
- Broadridge Launches Global Collateral Management Solution. Safane, Jake // Global Custodian News;2014, p192
Broadridge has launched a new solution, CollateralPro, designed for investment banks, asset management firms and service providers to manage collateral for bilateral and cleared derivatives, as well as securities financing transactions.