Trousseau Syndrome and the Unknown Cancer: Use of Positron Emission Tomographic Imaging in a Patient With a Paraneoplastic Syndrome
- Early diagnosis of solitary pulmonary nodules. Chunhua Xu; Keke Hao; Yong Song; Like Yu; Zhibo Hou; Ping Zhan // Journal of Thoracic Disease;Dec2013, Vol. 5 Issue 6, p830
No abstract available.
- Spectacle sign. Sureka, Binit; Mittal, Mahesh Kumar; Mittal, Aliza; Thukral, Brij Bhushan // Lung India;
A letter to the editor is presented about the importance of spectacle sign while interpreting chest X-ray.
- On the edge of the film... Williams, Helen // Archives of Disease in Childhood -- Education & Practice Edition;Feb2014, Vol. 99 Issue 1, p15
A quiz about chest radiograph is presented.
- Ossifying fibromyxoid tumor of soft parts is disease free for 7 years after tumor resection. Ishijima, Muneaki; Torigoe, Tomoaki; Matsumoto, Toshiharu; Koh, Sadao; Kurosawa, Hisashi // European Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery & Traumatology;Dec2005, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p333
We reported a case of the ossifying fibromyxoid tumor of soft parts which occurred in the anterior chest wall in a 70-year-old Japanese woman. Radiographic examination revealed that it demonstrated a large oval mass with well-circumscribing shell-like margin. Macroscopic findings showed that the...
- Localized pleural amyloidosis: report of a case. Yoshiya, Shohei; Maruyama, Riichiroh; Koga, Takaomi; Shikada, Yasunori; Yano, Tokujiro; Maehara, Yoshihiko // Surgery Today;Jun2012, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p597
We herein describe an asymptomatic 31-year-old male who was admitted for an investigation of an abnormal pleural tumor detected by chest radiography. We performed various preoperative investigations including fluorodeoxyglucose-positron emission tomography. The maximum standardized uptake value...
- Vanishing lung mass in a patient with asthma. Madan, Karan; Guleria, Randeep // Journal of Thoracic Disease;Apr2013, Vol. 5 Issue 2, pE45
Allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis (ABPA) is a common but frequently misdiagnosed clinical condition. It is usually diagnosed in patients with a long standing history of asthma. Patients with ABPA can have diverse radiological manifestations. Very rarely, lung masses have been reported. We...
- Follow-up results of 702 patients receiving tumor necrosis factor-alpha antagonists and evaluation of risk of tuberculosis. Cagatay, Tulin; Aydın, Munevver; Sunmez, Sule; Cagatay, Penbe; Gulbaran, Ziya; Gul, Ahmet; Artım, Bahar; Kilicaslan, Zeki // Rheumatology International;Sep2010, Vol. 30 Issue 11, p1459
The objective of this study is to estimate the incidence of active tuberculosis in patients with inflammatory diseases receiving tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-Î±) antagonists and to figure out the characteristics of patients who develop tuberculosis. 702 patients with different inflammatory...
- Rapid growing huge teratoma: complete surgical resection. Dohun Kim; Si-Wook Kim; Jong-Myeon Hong // Journal of Thoracic Disease;Oct2014, Vol. 6 Issue 10, pE217
No abstract available.
- Re-resection of Giant Aggressive Fibromatosis of the Chest Wall. Tezel, Çağatay; Kır, Altan; Asım Kutlu, Cemal // Turk Toraks Dergisi / Turkish Thoracic Journal;Jun2012, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p71
The synonym of Desmoid tumor called "Aggressive Fibromatosis" develops from the muscle or aponeurosis, but rarely in the chest wall. We report a 35 year old patient who underwent complete (R0) resection of a fibromatosis tumor in the chest wall 4 years previously. However, the tumor recurred and...