Action on Obesity: Report of a Mayo Clinic National Summit
- Saint Joseph's University to Host National Obesity
Conference With Panel of Industry Experts; June 4. // Ascribe Newswire: Medicine;5/18/2004, p20
Saint Joseph's University's Erivan K. Haub School of Business will host a conference, Obesity: Understanding Issues, Seeking Solutions, on Friday, June 4, from 8: 30 a.m. to 4: 30 p.m. in Wolfington Teletorium, Mandeville Hall, located off 54th Street and City Avenue. Topics of the conference...
- Symposium and workshop on healthy lifestyle programs for weight management. Florentino, Rodolfo F. // Asia Pacific Journal of Clinical Nutrition;Dec2004, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p409
This article presents information on several congresses and conventions related to nutrition. The Second Asia-Oceania Conference on Obesity organized by the Malaysian Association for the Study of Obesity on September 7-9, 2003, in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, provided an opportunity for the...
- Perspectives on the development of an international consensus on childhood obesity. Rudolf, M. C. J.; Hochberg, Z.; Speiser, P. // Archives of Disease in Childhood;Oct2005, Vol. 90 Issue 10, p994
This article presents information about a meeting which was held in Israel in the year 2004 where experts were invited to contribute to the development of a consensus on the widespread crisis in childhood obesity. The group consisted of 65 physicians and other health professionals representing...
- APHA Food and Nutrition Section building bridges with Affiliates. Krisberg, Kim // Nation's Health;Jun/Jul2005, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p11
This article deals with the collaboration of the Food and Nutrition Section and Affiliates of the American Public Health Association in June 2005. As overweight and obesity in the U.S. can be addressed more effectively at local levels, the topic lends itself well to an Affiliate/Section...
- OBESITY -- Issues and Implications. Arnhold, Robert W.; Auxter, David A. // Palaestra;Winter2004, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p5
Focuses on issues and implications concerning obesity. Annual cost of obesity in the U.S.; Example of a Federal public policy initiative against obesity; Percentage of adults who are considered obese.
- A theoretical and empirical investigation of nutritional label use. Drichoutis, Andreas; Lazaridis, Panagiotis; Nayga, Rodolfo; Kapsokefalou, Maria; Chryssochoidis, George // European Journal of Health Economics;Sep2008, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p293
Due in part to increasing diet-related health problems caused, among others, by obesity, nutritional labelling has been considered important, mainly because it can provide consumers with information that can be used to make informed and healthier food choices. Several studies have focused on the...
- HEADLINE FROM THE FUTURE. Cummings, David E.; Clark, Aaron // Popular Science;Jul2004, Vol. 265 Issue 1, p42
Forecasts an epidemic of obesity due by 2024 in developed countries. Factors which contribute to obesity; Comment on the shortage of drugs against obesity.
- What do we do about the problem of overweight and obesity in the Americas? Teelucksingh, Surujpal // Revista Panamericana de Salud Publica;May2003, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p275
Editorial. Introduces two articles that deal with the problem of obesity in the Americas.
- Analyses of body composition charts among younger and older Chinese children and adolescents aged 5 to 18 years. Kai-Yu Xiong; Hui He; Yi-Ming Zhang; Guo-Xin Ni // BMC Public Health;2012, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p835
Background: Childhood obesity has become a major public health problem in China. The objective of this study was to examine the effect of age and sex on the relationship between fat-free mass (FFM) and fat mass (FM), fat-free mass index (FFMI) and fat mass index (FMI) in Chinese children using...