Action on Obesity: Report of a Mayo Clinic National Summit
- Saint Joseph's University to Host National Obesity
Conference With Panel of Industry Experts; June 4. // Ascribe Newswire: Medicine;5/18/2004, p20
Saint Joseph's University's Erivan K. Haub School of Business will host a conference, Obesity: Understanding Issues, Seeking Solutions, on Friday, June 4, from 8: 30 a.m. to 4: 30 p.m. in Wolfington Teletorium, Mandeville Hall, located off 54th Street and City Avenue. Topics of the conference...
- Symposium and workshop on healthy lifestyle programs for weight management. Florentino, Rodolfo F. // Asia Pacific Journal of Clinical Nutrition;Dec2004, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p409
This article presents information on several congresses and conventions related to nutrition. The Second Asia-Oceania Conference on Obesity organized by the Malaysian Association for the Study of Obesity on September 7-9, 2003, in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, provided an opportunity for the...
- Perspectives on the development of an international consensus on childhood obesity. Rudolf, M. C. J.; Hochberg, Z.; Speiser, P. // Archives of Disease in Childhood;Oct2005, Vol. 90 Issue 10, p994
This article presents information about a meeting which was held in Israel in the year 2004 where experts were invited to contribute to the development of a consensus on the widespread crisis in childhood obesity. The group consisted of 65 physicians and other health professionals representing...
- APHA Food and Nutrition Section building bridges with Affiliates. Krisberg, Kim // Nation's Health;Jun/Jul2005, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p11
This article deals with the collaboration of the Food and Nutrition Section and Affiliates of the American Public Health Association in June 2005. As overweight and obesity in the U.S. can be addressed more effectively at local levels, the topic lends itself well to an Affiliate/Section...
- OBESITY -- Issues and Implications. Arnhold, Robert W.; Auxter, David A. // Palaestra;Winter2004, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p5
Focuses on issues and implications concerning obesity. Annual cost of obesity in the U.S.; Example of a Federal public policy initiative against obesity; Percentage of adults who are considered obese.
- Pathways to obesity in a developing population: The Guangzhou Biobank Cohort Study. S Kavikondala; CM Schooling; CQ Jiang; WS Zhang; KK Cheng; TH Lam; GM Leung // International Journal of Epidemiology;Feb2009, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p72
Background â€˜Environmental mismatchâ€™ may contribute to obesity in rapidly developing societies, because poor early life conditions could increase the risk of obesity in a subsequently more socio-economically developed environment. In a recently developing population (from southern...
- A New Diet: Lawsuits and Advice From the Government. Rippel, Barbara; Smith, Frances // Consumers' Research Magazine;Aug2003, Vol. 86 Issue 8, p34
Focuses on the obesity problem in the U.S. Measures taken to combat obesity in the country; Potential targets for obesity according to trial lawyers; Reasons for obesity according to most physicians, dietitians, nutritionists and other scientists.
- Diagnosing & Treating Obesity. Plank, Suzi // American Chiropractor;Jan2005, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p28
The article reports on the diagnosis and treatment of obesity. Reports state that 60% of Americans are now either overweight or obese. Studies continue to indicate that obesity is now a statistically normal condition in the U.S., Great Britain, and even in China. The negative effects of obesity...
- Survival of the fattest. Tipps, Steve // Teaching Elementary Physical Education;Nov2004, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p30
Shares an author's experience on obesity. Physical and emotional problems associated with obesity; Strengths and limitations of being overweight; Role of dodge ball game in loosing weight; Importance of physical education.