Rheumatoid Pachymeningitis Presenting With Left-Sided Weakness
- Rheumatoid factor positivity in the general population. Simard, Julia F.; Holmqvist, Marie // BMJ: British Medical Journal;10/13/2012, Vol. 345 Issue 7878, p9
The article looks at the rheumatoid factor positivity in general population. Rheumatoid factor is an antibody used in the classification of rheumatoid arthritis (RA) and some studies suggest that the prevalence of rheumatoid factor positivity increases with age and smoking. Therefore, merely...
- RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS DEBATE. Scott, David L.; Hunter, John; Deighton, Chris; Scott, David G. I.; Isenberg, David; Gough, Andrew K.; Foo, Joanne; Spence, Des // BMJ: British Medical Journal (Overseas & Retired Doctors Edition;11/5/2011, Vol. 343 Issue 7830, p920
Two letters to the editor are presented in response to the article "Bad Medicine: Rheumatoid Arthritis," and the author's response to the letters, published in the October 5, 2011 issue.
- Bad medicine: rheumatoid arthritis. Spence, Des // BMJ: British Medical Journal (Overseas & Retired Doctors Edition;10/8/2011, Vol. 343 Issue 7826, p750
In this article, the author discusses the problems related to the diagnosis of rheumatoid arthritis (RA) in Great Britain in 2011.
- RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS. Moreau, Thomas // JAAPA: Journal of the American Academy of Physician Assistants (;Nov2012, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p19
The article discusses the current guidelines for diagnosing and treating rheumatoid arthritis (RA) which is crucial for physician assistants (PAs) for its management. Several drugs have been developed which target the specific steps in the autoimmune cascade in RA. An updated clinical...
- Epidemiology of Rheumatoid Arthritis in Tirana, Albania. Duraj, Valbona; Tafaj, Argjent; Backa, Teuta // Materia Socio Medica;2013, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p96
Aim: Rheumatoid arthritis is considered a clinical syndrome across several disease subsets characterized by systemic inflammation, persistent synovitis, and autoantibodies. Our aim was to assess the distribution of risk factors among people diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis in the adult...
- Rheumatoid arthritis in elderly patients. Majithia, Vikas; Peel, Chere; Geraci, Stephen A. // Geriatrics;Sep2009, Vol. 64 Issue 9, p22
Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) in the geriatric population presents a unique challenge to treating clinicians. it can present as preexisting disease that may have been present for years or as a de novo onset of the illness. Diagnosis and management requires a detailed knowledge of the disease, its...
- EDITOR'S QUIZ: GI SNAPSHOT......: An unusual cause of rectal bleeding in a patient with rheumatoid arthritis. Hokama, A.; Tanaka, K.; Nakamoto, M.; Uchima, N.; Kinjo, F.; Saito, A. // Gut;Aug2005, Vol. 54 Issue 8, p1061
This article presents a question and its answer related to the diagnosis in case of rectal bleeding in a patient with rheumatoid arthritis. A 75 year old woman presented with rectal bleeding of 10 days' duration. She had a 26 year history of rheumatoid arthritis and duodenal ulcer. A diagnosis...
- Fever of unknown origin: case outcome. Sivakumar, R.; Pavulari, S.; Ellis, S. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);9/30/2006, Vol. 333 Issue 7570, p691
The article focuses on the medical case of a 19 year old college student who developed a high fever with no known origin, and a second opinion which was requested by the student's parents. The diagnosis of Still's disease which resulted from this fever, and the treatment of the patient is...
- WHAT OUR READERS ARE SAYING. // BMJ: British Medical Journal;10/13/2012, Vol. 345 Issue 7878, p11
The article presents opinion of two rheumatologists on a study which examined the impact of elevated rheumatoid factor on long term risk of rheumatoid arthritis.