Cecilia Makiwane--Pioneer African Nurse
- MPs sign up to campaign. Harrison, Sarah // Nursing Standard;3/3/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 25, p12
Reports on the support given by British members of parliament to the 'Nursing the Future' campaign organized by the periodical "Nursing Standard." Campaign's aim of enhancing the image of nursing; Consultation between nurses and members of parliament; Need for nursing pay and work conditions to...
- MoD plan for forces personnel to prescribe drugs in an emergency. Snow, Tamsin // Nursing Standard;8/27/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 51, p10
The article reports on Ministry of Defence (MoD) program for forces personnel to prescribe drugs in an emergency. It discusses that Armed forces personnel other than doctors and independent nurse prescribers could be authorized to provide and administer an unlimited range of medicines to troops,...
- Call for pay deal to be renegotiated in light of price hikes and rising inflation. // Nursing Standard;8/27/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 51, p12
The article reports on call for pay deal to be renegotiated in light of price hikes and rising inflation. It discusses that Armed forces personnel other than doctors and independent nurse prescribers could be authorized to provide and administer an unlimited range of medicines to troops, under...
- Nurses Win Most-Trusted Rank, Hands Down (Again). Roman, Linda M. // RN;Mar2006, Vol. 69 Issue 3, p17
Reports that nurses ranked first in the list of professionals whom the public considers the most ethical and honest, according to the results of a Gallup Poll in the U.S. in March 2006. Other professions that posted high rankings.
- Foreign Exchange. Burger, Deborah // California Nurse;Jun2004, Vol. 100 Issue 5, p5
Focuses on the issue of time ratios and political endorsements in Canadian nurses' battle for privatization in June 2004. Background on the healthcare system in the country; Comparison with the U.S.; Working conditions of nurses; Proposed improvements on the practice of the profession.
- The Financial Return on Magnet Recognition. Pinkerton, Sue Ellen // Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing;Mar/Apr2005, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p51
Discusses the financial return of the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Magnet Recognition Program. Educational expenses related to the Magnet Recognition Program; Role in improving retention and decreasing turnover and vacancy rate.
- The mirror test. Krumberger, Joanne M. // RN;Nov2004, Vol. 67 Issue 11, p28ac2
Offers tips on good leadership for nurses. System of values that are critical to the ability to advance in one's profession; Development of leaders committed to ensuring the health and welfare of the public served; Achievement of excellence; Background on the search for work that is...
- A tribute to heroes. Bates, Jane // Nursing Standard;8/11/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 48, p20
Details the positive experiences of a British nurse. Reasons why most nurses stay in the job; Factors that contribute to nurses' love of their work; Characteristics of an effective nurse; Challenges encountered by nurses in the field.
- I Am a Nurse…. Boag, Jane // Canadian Nurse;May2006, Vol. 102 Issue 5, p10
Presents the author's reflection on being a nurse. Specialized areas where she worked; Strategy in comforting the physical and emotional pains of patients; Efforts to impart knowledge to students.