- hot deals. Baker, John F. // Publishers Weekly;11/15/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 46, p12
Presents news briefs on the contracts between authors and book publishers as of November 15, 2004. Contract signed by novelist Gail Godwin with Ballantine; Deal signed by lawyer-turned-author Jeffrey Toobin with Doubleday; Debut novel of short story writer Ronlyn Dominque with Atria.
- People In The News. // Book Publishing Report;11/15/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 44, p5
The article reports that Peter Borland had been appointed as senior editor at Simon & Schuster Inc. imprint Atria Books. Prior to the appointment, Borland worked as a freelance editor and writer for Miramax Books, Time Inc. and other companies.
- Ordinary People Under Pressure. Rosen, Judith // Publishers Weekly;3/8/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 10, p18
Focuses on the plan of publisher Atria to build a hardcover brand for the books written by Jodi Picoult. Titles of her books; Net sales of her book, "Second Glance," in hardcover; Promotional strategies launched by Atria.
- QUEEN OF HIP-HOP LITERATURE. El-Amin, Zakiyyah // Black Enterprise;Jan2006, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p49
The article focuses on the establishment of Triple Crown Publications by author Vickie Stringer in the U.S. in November 2001. Rejection from several publishers prompted the author to publish her first novel "Let That Be the Reason." Triple Crown posted a total revenue of $959,000 in 2004. Atria...
- Bailouts of the Self-Help Kind. Bond, Gwenda // Publishers Weekly;4/6/2009, Vol. 256 Issue 14, p21
The article discusses the challenges and opportunities presented by the recession to publishers of self-help books. Conventional industry wisdom holds that books focusing on personal improvement have done well in previous recessions. Atria Books publisher Judith Curr and editorial director Peter...
- Atria Pages 'Latino Dr. Phil' Maas, John-Michael // Publishers Weekly;1/24/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 4, p19
Reports on the planned launching of a Hispanic and Latino publishing program by Simon & Shuster's Atria Books in 2005. Working experience of Johanna Castillo, who has been hired to head the unit; Types of books that will be released under the program; Aim of the company.
- Dateline Spurs Publicity Blitz For Atria's Aron Ralston Title. // Book Publishing Report;9/20/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 36, p3
Reports on the impact of the television exposure of Aron Ralston on the sales of the book "Between a Rock and a Hard Place", which talks about the accident experience of Ralston, published by Atria company in the U.S. Dateline special about Ralston shown at the station of NBC; Initial print run...
- Beyond Words Builds S&S Alliance with Children's Books Accord. // Book Publishing Report;7/10/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 26, p1
The article reports on the publishing venture of Beyond Words Publishing Inc. in Hillsboro, Oregon and Atria Books, an affiliate company of Simon & Schuster (S& S) Inc. to distribute children's books called Beyond Words/Simon & Schuster Children's books. Also in 2005, Beyond Words had an...
- DEALS. Zeitchik, Steven // Publishers Weekly;7/18/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 28, p14
Presents news briefs concerning the publishing industry as of July 2005. Publication deal signed by Harper with author Michael Crichton; Plan of Atria to publish an official INXS autobiography; Information on the book "Dark Angels," by Karleen Koen.