PublicAffairs Counting On Public Domain With The WMD Mirage
- UMBA Tightens Its Show. Zeller, Brad // Publishers Weekly;10/14/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 41, p22
Reports on the annual Upper Midwest Booksellers Association trade show which was held in Saint Paul, Minnesota from September 27 to 29, 2002. Number of booksellers, publishers and authors who attended the trade show; Books that caught the interest of attendees.
- Publishing firm refines its focus. Agostinelli, Elizabeth A. // Indianapolis Business Journal;1/10/2005, Vol. 25 Issue 45, p37
Reports on the revitalization effort of Indianapolis-based Sams Technical Publishing by focusing on a new line of books centers on consumer-electronics and automotive technology. History of the publishing company; Action taken by the publishing company to both publish and redistribute other...
- Season's Bleatings. Tyer, Brad // Texas Observer: A Journal of Free Voices;1/9/2009, Vol. 101 Issue 1, p4
The author reflects on the status of the publishing industry. He reveals that Random House, the world's biggest trade-book publisher, had a cost-cutting reorganization accompanied by high-profile resignations while Simon & Schuster fired 35 people. Moreover, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt announced a...
- 10 Questions Every Book Published Has to Answer. Brass, Perry // Lambda Book Report;Aug/Sep2003, Vol. 12 Issue 1/2, p39
Discusses the factors which should be considered before publishing a book. Difference of the book from all other books; Target readers of the book; Classification of the book.
- The battle of the knuckleheads. Bellafante, Ginia // Time;10/5/1998, Vol. 152 Issue 14, p72
Discusses the competition between the For Dummies series and the Idiot's Guide series of books as of September 1998. Number of titles for each; 1997 revenue; Top seller; Upcoming titles; When the Dummies series was launched; The differences in both series.
- London now an international marketplace. Lottman, Herbert R. // Publishers Weekly;4/19/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 16, p22
Reports on the emergence of London, England as an international marketplace for books. Reasons for London's increased prominence in the book trade; Visitors to the 1999 London Book Fair; Participation of French, Italian, and German publishers in the event.
- BookExpo America 1999 addendum. // Publishers Weekly;4/19/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 16, p29
Presents an additional listing of exhibitors at the 1999 BookExpo America. Audio Publishers Association; Harvill Press; Sunbelt Publications; Travelers' Tales; Radio Spirits Inc.; Fromm International; Argo Insurance Brokers Inc.
- Paperback Recession. // Time;7/5/1954, Vol. 64 Issue 1, p90
This article discusses the falling paperback market in the U.S. in 1954. Publishers posted a decline in paperback sales from the previous year. Four companies plan to suspend publication for the summer and a paperback publisher intends to reduce book production by a third. Some publishers hope...
- Tough times. Silver-slayter, Rebecca // Quill & Quire;Aug2003, Vol. 69 Issue 8, p19
Anyone connected with selling business books knows that the past three years have been tough. Across Canada, many booksellers have responded by retreating from the category, blaming tighter corporate accounts, increased competition from online retailers, and more cost-conscious consumers. Gail...