Princeton University Press Riding On Strength Of Single Bestseller
- Princeton U. Press to Boost Title Output by One-Third. // Book Publishing Report;4/3/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 13, p3
The article reports on the plan of Princeton University Press to boost title output for the year 2006 and 2007 in New Jersey. Princeton will also classify new releases into separate frontlist categories such as true trade/general interest and academic trade. Princeton's director Peter Dougherty...
- He wrote the book on 'b.s.'. Bedway, Barbara // Editor & Publisher;Apr2005, Vol. 138 Issue 4, p16
Reports on the popularity of the book published by Harry Frankfurt, a philosopher and professor emeritus at Princeton University, about the journalism profession entitled "On Bullshit." Problems with electronic media according to Frankfurt; Views on U.S. claims of weapons of mass destruction in...
- BULL MARKET. // Indianapolis Monthly;Oct2005, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p68
Presents an interview with Harry G. Frankfurt, a retired philosophy professor and the author of the book "On Bulls##t." Views that he wanted to be famous for his more conventional academic work; Information on a book dealing with love; Success of the book.
- Bumping Up `Exuberance.'. Quinn, Judy // Publishers Weekly;4/3/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 14, p29
Focuses on the publication of Robert J. Shiller's book `Irrational Exuberance,' by Princeton University Press. Media attention given to the book; Second printing of the book.
- A leaner, meaner university press? Garver, Rob // Business News New Jersey;03/22/99, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p10
Reports on the Princeton University Press' decision to broaden its focus and reduce its editorial staff. Plan to increase the number of books to publish; Move toward publishing more books in the areas of science, professional economics and art history; Recruitment of freelance editors.
- Book Review. Evans, Mark // Politics & Ethics Review;2005, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p219
The article reviews the book "On Bullshit," by Harry Frankfurt.
- LETTERS. Horey, Robert N.; Abbey, Alan; Dickson, Mary; Collins, Matthew Gunnison; Crawford, Rob; Casey, Patrick // Editor & Publisher;Jun2005, Vol. 138 Issue 6, p4
Presents letters to the editor referencing articles and topics discussed in previous issues of "Editor & Publisher." "He Wrote the Book on B. S.," which described how Harry Frankfurt wrote his book "On Bullshit"; "Pressing Issues," which focused on the Atomic Testing Museum; "Pressing Issues,"...
- The Persistence Of Humbug. Phinn, Gordon // Books in Canada;Dec2005, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p24
The article reviews the books "On Bulls##t," by Harry G. Frankfurt and "Your Call Is Important To Us: The Truth About Bulls##t," by Laura Penny.
- Caring Abouth Truth. Jacobi, Martin // South Carolina Review;Fall2007, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p195
Reviews two books by Harry G. Frankfurt. "On Truth"; "On Bullsh##t."