Bloomsbury Profits Up; Banking On Potter With Scholastic
- Bloomsbury shows a healthy profit. // Printing World;9/30/2004, Vol. 288 Issue 2, p18
Reports on the financial performance of book publisher Bloomsbury Publishing PLC in Great Britain. Profits accumulated by the company in the first half of its financial year; Total earnings from sales of the phenomenal success of the five Harry Potter books; Influence of the Holiday rush on the...
- Bloomsbury Publishing On the Up and Up. Doran, Amanda-Jane // Publishers Weekly;4/5/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 14, p10
Reports on the profit posted for Bloomsbury Publishing in 2004. Pretax profits and sales earned; Remarks from Bloomsbury's chairman Nigel Newton on growth targets; Details on successful books launched by the publisher; Expected business direction of subsidiary Bloomsbury Kinderbucher.
- INTERNATIONAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;4/7/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 14, p8
Reports on developments related to the book publishing industry. Plans of Bloomsbury Publishing PLC to impose tough sanctions on booksellers who break the strict sales embargo on 'Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix'; Random House Deutschland's sale of Berlin Verlag to Arnulf Conradi;...
- Bloomsbury's wizard profit. // Printing World;4/7/2005, Vol. 290 Issue 1, p18
The article reports that Bloomsbury Publishing PLC, publisher of the blockbuster Harry Potter series, said that it would register record profits in 2005 thanks to sky high demand for the boy wizard's latest installment. The publisher revealed last week that pre-orders for Harry Potter and the...
- Financial news. // Book Publishing Report;10/11/99, Vol. 24 Issue 40, p7
Reports on the financial performance of Great Britain-based book publisher Bloomsbury during the first-half of 1999. Percentage rise in corporate sales during the given time period.
- INTERNATIONAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;05/08/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 19, p7
Reports on book publishing developments worldwide for the week of March 8, 2000. Postponement of the initial public offering of Bol.com; Agreement of Philippa Dickinson to become chairman of Random House Children's Publishing; Percentage increase of revenues at Bloomsbury; Forecast of...
- INTERNATIONAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;04/02/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 14, p8
Focuses on developments related to book publishing and booksellers in Great Britain, current as of April 2, 2001. Financial performance of Bloomsbury Publishing PLC in 2000; Appointment of John Baillie as chief operating officer of HarperCollins U.K.
- Elhi Soars in September. // Publishers Weekly;11/7/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 44, p18
This article presents the results of the Association of American Publishers (AAP) Sales Report for September 2005. Driven by big gains of basal sales in adoption states, sales in the elhi segment jumped 39.1 percent in September, according to preliminary estimates of the AAP. For the first nine...
- A Down Year for Random House. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;3/31/2009, Vol. 256 Issue 13, p4
The article reports on the financial performance of Random House for 2008. The trade publisher recorded a total revenue of â‚¬1.72 billion during the year. The U.S. accounted for 50.8% of the total revenue, a 53% decline from a year ago, despite the publisher's acquisitions of Monacelli...