Azure Mountain The View from Above
- Pohnlangas. Panholzer, Thomas; Mauricio, Rufino // Place Names of Pohnpei Island;2003, p85
This entry focuses on Pohnlangas, a region occupying the uplands south of the Pilen Mahnd stream and inland from Kepirohi Kousapw through Tamworohi, Oanipas, Akahk, and Nanpahlap Kousapw on Pohnpei Island, Micronesia.
- Unseen River. BUSCH, AKIKO // Orion Magazine;Mar/Apr2014, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p14
The author discusses observing the Hudson River in New York through the Walkway Over the Hudson pedestrian walkway that was originally built as the Poughkeepsie-Highland Railroad Bridge. She describes how the mountains and woodlands in the area complemented features of the Hudson River. She also...
- The Adirondacks. Morrison, Wilbur H. // Catskills & Adirondacks (Adventure Guide);1995, p5
Presents travel information about the Adirondacks. Historically significant figures; Revolutionary War and the war between Britain and France; Steps taken to improve accessibility for tourists; Growth in cottage industry; Changing seasons; Local character; Area museums; New York State Department...
- The Catskills. Morrison, Wilbur H. // Catskills & Adirondacks (Adventure Guide);1995, p141
Presents travel information about the Catskills in New York State. History; Accessibility; What to see and do, including the Ukrainian Youth Festival, Monticello Raceway and Fort Delaware; Private preserves in the area; Accommodations; Camping; Hunting and fishing.
- Stalking the real hunter. Brizzolara, K. // Skiing;Feb89, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p80
First-person account of skiing at Hunter Mountain in Hunter, N.Y. Ski terrain; Easy distance from New York City; Trails; Food. INSET: Hunter Mountain, N.Y (Information).;HELP...and a hard line....
- The Mountain Island. Henry, Edward // New York State Conservationist;Apr2001, Vol. 55 Issue 5, p26
Describes Roundtop Mountain and Kaaterskill High Peak in the Catskill Mountains. Features of the peaks; Access to trails; Elevation.
- A Ski in the Park. Cutts, Joe // Ski;Oct2007, Vol. 72 Issue 2, p172
The article offers information and reviews of the ski resorts and trails located on Whiteface Mountain and Gore Mountain, New York.
- How To Lick Stress. Hendricks, Mike // Backpacker;Aug2000, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p98
Describes the Tongue Mountain Range in New York.
- Where's the Apostrophe? // Scholastic News -- Edition 4;9/9/2013, Vol. 76 Issue 2, p2
The article reports on the decision of residents of Thurman, New York, to keep using Jimmy's Peak as the name of a local mountain even though its official name does not include an apostrophe.