The Champion Lands
- North Fork Touchet River protected by 99-year conservation easement. // Confederated Umatilla Journal;Mar2012, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p32
The article reports on the conservation easement held by Blue Mountain Land Trust to protect the Wolf Creek and the North Fork of the Touchet River in southeastern Washington. The easement on riparian habitat and steep basalt upland terrain keeps the land in private ownership and maintains it as...
- More than a Working Forest. Prickett, Connie // New York State Conservationist;Jun2011, Vol. 65 Issue 6, p18
The article discusses New York State's purchase of a working forest conservation easement of 89,000 acres within the upper Hudson River drainage area. The easement is described as a legally binding agreement that ensures the forests in the area will never be developed and that they be managed...
- FAQs about Conservation Easements. // Journal of Forestry;Apr/May2002, Vol. 100 Issue 3, p4
Answers frequently asked questions about conservation easements. Definition of the legal term; Uses of land prohibited under easements; Financial benefits of conservation easements.
- Land Conservancy Hits 1,000-Acre Mark. Rent, Katy // Grand Rapids Business Journal;01/29/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p25
Reports the attainment of a 1,000-acre mark by the Land Conservancy in Michigan. Completion of projects by the Conservancy; Advantage of the conservation easement; Implementation of conservation easement restrictions.
- At Ease With Easements. Wall, Donna Dorian // Town & Country;Feb99, Vol. 153 Issue 5225, p38
Explains various aspects of the concept called easements according to the Virginia-based nonprofit Conservation Fund. Ability to lower estate and real-estate tax payments; Value of donating an easement to a nonprofit organization; Contact information.
- Working Forest Conservation Easements. Tesini, Dan // Urban Lawyer;Spring2009, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p359
The article presents information on Working Forest Conservation Easements (WFCE), an easement specifically designed to protect working forests in which the harvesting of timber and other forest products is sustained in perpetuity along with related conservation values. WFCEs address forest...
- In Land We Trust. Ryan, Fran // E: The Environmental Magazine;Sep/Oct99, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p44
Discusses the conservation easement, an environmental conversation option that enable individual landowners to choose a plan that best meets their financial and conservation goals. How the concept works; Other benefits of conservation easement; Comments from Jean Hocker, president of the Land...
- EE for Forest Conservation: A Success Story. // Connect: UNESCO International Science, Technology & Environmenta;1999, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p18
Details the activity on conservation of the tropical forest conducted in the Volta region of Ghana.
- Brickbats and bouquets. Mayo, Annie // Wild: Australia's Wilderness Adventure Magazine;Oct-Dec99, Issue 74, p94
Reports on favorable and unfavorable events regarding conservation of environment. Logging of rare yellow tingle; Purchase of pastoral leases for the conservation reserve system.