- Lassoing a Catfish Dinner. Parks, Donna Harbaugh // South Dakota Magazine;Jan/Feb2006, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p98
The article relates a story on fishing in the White River in South Dakota.
- HUNTING: ACCESS AMBASSADORS. HANSEN, TONY // Outdoor Life;Dec2013/Jan2014, Vol. 221 Issue 1, p30
The article focuses on the journal "Outdoor Life's," Open Country program to show the fundamental role access plays in hunting and fishing opportunities. In 2011, the Bureau of Land Management announced its intent to ban recreational shooting on the 487,000-acre area. There is a national trend...
- Fish Bouquet. Whitcomb, Andy // Oklahoma Today;Jan/Feb2011, Vol. 61 Issue 1, p76
The author discusses his fascination with fishing and the scents of fish. He mentions that like many anglers, such as elite fishermen Mark Menendez and Mike Iaconelli, he finds himself sniffing the fish he caught to remember their distinct smell. He adds that his favorite fish smell belongs to...
- Exotic Adventures. Lear, Dave // MotorBoating;Sep2005, Vol. 196 Issue 3, p42
This article provides information on the best fishing locations during the end season. From late October to early December, the Ribbon Reefs and Lizard Island in Australia are ground zero for gigantic black marlin. The Bahamas offers consistent chances for blue marlin in April and May, with...
- battle plan. // Salt Water Sportsman;Apr2006, Vol. 67 Issue 4, p85
The article presents techniques on fishing big fishes.
- REAL FISHERMEN ICEFISH. Monahan, Philip // Outdoor Life;Dec2011/Jan2012, Vol. 219 Issue 1, p80
In this article, the author presents suggestions on icefishing. The author says that there are some basics of icefishing that apply across the board and the first order of business is to find the fish. It is suggested that icefishermen need to do a little more homework before they start drilling...
- Day Trip: Dukes Creek. Bruce, Taylor // Southern Living;Aug2010, Vol. 45 Issue 8, pGAL12
The article discusses the history and attributes of Duke's Creek, a seven mile protected catch-and-release trout habitat located in northern Georgia on the grounds of Smithgall Woods Conservation Park. A discussion of the fishing rules and regulations of Duke's Creek is presented. Fishing guide...
- How to Find Fish. Poveromo, George; Sanford, Steve // Salt Water Sportsman;Feb2006, Vol. 67 Issue 2, p72
The article shows illustrations of fishing sites.
- RIP IT UP. Maxwell, Paul // Salt Water Sportsman;Apr2006, Vol. 67 Issue 4, p80
The article presents fishing techniques including the importance of seabirds to hooking baitfish.