Bicycling the Erie Canal Corridor
- The Finger Lakes. Williams, Deborah // TravelAmerica;Mar/Apr2002, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p22
Focuses on several tourist spots located at the border of the Finger Lakes in New York State. Letchworth State Park; National Soaring Museum in Elmira; Taughannock Falls State Park in Ithaca.
- Travel East. Claire, Tom // Country Living;May97, Vol. 20 Issue 5, pTEI
Provides information regarding the Adirondack park and a museum in Stockbridge, Massachusetts. Description of the park; What the park offers; Meaning of Adirondack; Features of the Norman Rockwell Museum; Highlights and theme of the museum; Brief history of the museum; More.
- IN THE FRAME. // Art Newspaper;Feb2013, Vol. 22 Issue 243, p10
The article offers art news briefs as of February 2013 on topics including a proposed United States national museum dedicated to Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Americans, a blog called "Grumpy Art Historian," and a proposed elevated park in Queens, New York City.
- DEATH IN THE WEST. Shandy, Tristram // Ornamental Hermit, The: People & Places of the New West;2004, p176
An essay is presented on death in the iconography of western U.S. He says that he knew that the West was closely connected to the concept of death, long before he was familiar with the idea of the Avalon paradise or the Hesperides garden. Also noted is that the stained glass version of the...
- CLODAGH'S TOWN. // Hospitality Design;Oct2012, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p39
In this article, the designer Clodagh discusses some of her favorite New York City places to visit. Locations discussed include the Isamu Noguchi Museum and Socrates Sculpture Park, both located in Long Island City, the Modern restaurant at the Museum of Modern Art, and the food stand NY Dosas,...
- Brooklyn. Melton, Mary // Los Angeles Magazine;Sep2009, Vol. 54 Issue 9, p50
The article provides information on several tourist attractions and business enterprises in Brooklyn, New York City. Tourists are advised to take a stroll at the Prospect Park, which is noted for its Brooklyn Botanic Garden. It cites that the Brooklyn Museum is among the biggest art museums in...
- Sunday. // New Yorker;8/29/1977, Vol. 53 Issue 28, p19
The author relates her leisure activities in New York City in August 1977. She went to an art museum at the Fifth Avenue, Eighty-Second Street. She cites that if she would have a chance to steal one item from the museum she would take a painting by Paul CÃ©zanne. She shares the things she saw...
- Joint-venture garden for Battery Park City. P.D.S. // Architectural Record;Aug1991, Vol. 179 Issue 8, p25
Reports that Cooper, Robertson & Partners is teaming with visual artist Jennifer Bartlett and landscape architects Quennell Rothschild to create the South Garden at New York's Battery Park City.
- A falls for remembering. Newman, J.L. // Focus;Winter89, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p21
Describes the views at Taughannock Falls State Park in New York. Height of the falls, considered the highest east of the Rockies; Surrounding gorges; Seasonal changes at the falls.