CATSKILL PARK 100 YEARS OF STEWARDSHIP
- Thacher State Park: 100 Years of Outdoor Recreation. Gibson, Wendy // New York State Conservationist;Aug2014, Vol. 69 Issue 1, p22
The article discusses the historical background of the John Boyd Thacher State Park atop the Helderberg Escarpment in New York. Topics covered include the park's centennial celebration on September 13, 2014, the different adventure activities offered by the park, and the Indian Ladder Trail with...
- Let it snow, let it snow... Guilmette, Joanne // New York State Conservationist;Feb96, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p1
Reports on the winter activities and special events offered by various state parks and forest preserve areas in New York. Snowtubing at Letchworth State Park; Popularity of snowmobiling at the Allegheny State Park; Hiking and fitness activities at Beaver Island State Park.
- Forest preserve public campgrounds. // New York State Conservationist;Feb96, Vol. 50 Issue 4, pG-16
Features various forest preserve public campgrounds in New York. Natural features of the Adirondack Park; Popularity of trout streams at the Catskill Park.
- TREES SPARED IN ZOAR VALLEY. // American Forests;Summer2006, Vol. 112 Issue 2, p20
The article reports that New York's Department of Environmental Conservation decided to protect a park in the Zoar Valley Multiple Use Area in Gowanda. The park has some of the oldest and largest trees. For the last three years, the park was being destroyed by loggers. The Niagara Frontier...
- A Rare Find: Donations support vital work. VanLuven, David // New York State Conservationist;Feb2003, Vol. 57 Issue 4, p8
Focuses on the results of the different activities of the New York Natural Heritage Program within the New State Department of Environmental Conservation, as of October 2003. Information on a survey of the state's wildlife management areas; Assessment of state parks in New York; Background on...
- Exploring the Adirondacks. Harrington, Candy B. // Palaestra;Fall2006, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p20
The article discusses the Adirondack Mountain region, which offers a variety of accessible trails, recreational activities, and lodging for visitors with physical disabilities. The most accessible park in the region is John Dillon Park, which is located near Tupper Lake. The area is the result...
- EE for Forest Conservation: A Success Story. // Connect: UNESCO International Science, Technology & Environmenta;1999, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p18
Details the activity on conservation of the tropical forest conducted in the Volta region of Ghana.
- Brickbats and bouquets. Mayo, Annie // Wild: Australia's Wilderness Adventure Magazine;Oct-Dec99, Issue 74, p94
Reports on favorable and unfavorable events regarding conservation of environment. Logging of rare yellow tingle; Purchase of pastoral leases for the conservation reserve system.
- U.P. conservation easement a record. // Michigan Farmer (0026-2153);Feb2011, p45
The article reports on the Northern Great Lakes Forest Project which achieves a record-setting conservation easement totaling 247,806 acres of diverse forest communities lakes, streamlands, and wetlands in the Upper Peninsula, Michigan.