Guidebooks for the sophisticated traveler
- Cook warms up winter ranges. Gibbs, Thom // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;3/14/2008, Issue 2808, p26
The article reports on the unveiling of Thomas Cook's two new winter brochures. It includes the second edition of its Wintersun 2008-2009 range which features some of the biggest changes from 2007's Egypt programme. It also features cruise-and-stay 14 night packages such as Nile and Red Sea...
- "You serued God he set you free": Self, Nation, and Celebration in the Wager-Voyaging Adventure of Richard Ferris. Manous, Michael Lee // Early Modern Literary Studies;Sep2007, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p10
The article presents information on a pamphlet written by Richard Ferris, about his most dangerous and memorable adventure of Richard Ferris in 1590. With his pamphlet, Ferris, having just completed a dangerous sea voyage from London to Bristol, extended the performance of his voyaging stunt...
- Launchpad. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;11/9/2007, Issue 2792, p48
The article presents various brochures related to tourism. The Coastline Villa Collection included more than 20 villas in Corsica, Majorca and Ibiza, which is suitable for couples, families and groups. Explorers is offering 38 destinations for underwater fans, best for diving. The Funway program...
- Big Mag on Campus. Granatstein, Lisa // MediaWeek;8/11/2003, Vol. 13 Issue 29, p32
Reports on the plan of the NG Traveller to publish the periodical "National Geographic Traveller on Campus," in the U.S. by 2004. Number of copies that will be distributed to students; Number of campuses that will receive the periodical; Focus of the magazine.
- Focus on family and adventure. // Travel Weekly: The Choice of Travel Professionals;2/2/2004, Issue 1703, p18
Kuoni will launch dedicated brochures for the family and adventure markets later this year. The operator said the growth in demand for long haul family holidays and adventure breaks justifies the launches and this is a better way to stimulate sales than expanding its Worldwide brochure. The...
- A Simple Plan. Derr, Aaron // Boys' Life;Oct2005, Vol. 95 Issue 10, p34
Presents the author's suggestions on how to plan in advance for a high-adventure outing.
- JUST LIKE THE OLD DAYS. Anders, Mark // Boys' Life;Aug2005, Vol. 95 Issue 8, p24
Relates the experiences of the Troop 890 members from Dallas, Texas, who made the trek all the way to Montana in 2004 to take part in the celebration of Lewis and Clark's famous expedition.
- FROM THE EDITOR. Rasmus, John // National Geographic Adventure;May2008, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p10
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including an article "Brazil: When It Hurts,"by John Falk, David Roberts article on alpinist Conrad Anker and "The 3 Faces of the Pacific Northwest," by Christian DeBenedetti.
- Big Drives. Collier, Christopher Percy // National Geographic Adventure;Aug2007, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p69
The article offers information on pre-arranged road trips in the United States, Costa Rica and South Africa. The drive from San Francisco to New York City took ten days. In the cross-country tour of Costa Rica, lodges were ranked by their environmental impact. Several spas were tried out during...