Guidebooks for the sophisticated traveler
- Cook warms up winter ranges. Gibbs, Thom // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;3/14/2008, Issue 2808, p26
The article reports on the unveiling of Thomas Cook's two new winter brochures. It includes the second edition of its Wintersun 2008-2009 range which features some of the biggest changes from 2007's Egypt programme. It also features cruise-and-stay 14 night packages such as Nile and Red Sea...
- Launchpad. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;11/9/2007, Issue 2792, p48
The article presents various brochures related to tourism. The Coastline Villa Collection included more than 20 villas in Corsica, Majorca and Ibiza, which is suitable for couples, families and groups. Explorers is offering 38 destinations for underwater fans, best for diving. The Funway program...
- "You serued God he set you free": Self, Nation, and Celebration in the Wager-Voyaging Adventure of Richard Ferris. Manous, Michael Lee // Early Modern Literary Studies;
The article presents information on a pamphlet written by Richard Ferris, about his most dangerous and memorable adventure of Richard Ferris in 1590. With his pamphlet, Ferris, having just completed a dangerous sea voyage from London to Bristol, extended the performance of his voyaging stunt...
- Focus on family and adventure. // Travel Weekly: The Choice of Travel Professionals;2/2/2004, Issue 1703, p18
Kuoni will launch dedicated brochures for the family and adventure markets later this year. The operator said the growth in demand for long haul family holidays and adventure breaks justifies the launches and this is a better way to stimulate sales than expanding its Worldwide brochure. The...
- Get Ready for Adventure. Derr, Aaron // Boys' Life;Oct2008, Vol. 98 Issue 10, p36
The article offers tips for adventurers on preparing for their trips. INSET: The Workouts..
- A Simple Plan. Derr, Aaron // Boys' Life;Oct2005, Vol. 95 Issue 10, p34
Presents the author's suggestions on how to plan in advance for a high-adventure outing.
- No. VIII: Expedition of John of Anjou. // Life & Voyages of Christopher Columbus (Volume II);3/1/2006, p159
An appendix that offers information on the expedition of John of Anjou, the son of Renato, king of Naples, who had been dispossessed of his crown by Alphonso.
- A GLOBETROTTER'S TOP PLACE TO RETIRE: NORTH AFRICA. Burnett, Erin // Fortune International (Asia);7/2/2012, Vol. 166 Issue 1, p44
The author reports on his goal of visiting 100 countries and all 50 states in his lifetime.
- FROM THE EDITOR. Rasmus, John // National Geographic Adventure;May2008, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p10
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including an article "Brazil: When It Hurts,"by John Falk, David Roberts article on alpinist Conrad Anker and "The 3 Faces of the Pacific Northwest," by Christian DeBenedetti.