Guidebooks for the sophisticated traveler
- Cook warms up winter ranges. Gibbs, Thom // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;3/14/2008, Issue 2808, p26
The article reports on the unveiling of Thomas Cook's two new winter brochures. It includes the second edition of its Wintersun 2008-2009 range which features some of the biggest changes from 2007's Egypt programme. It also features cruise-and-stay 14 night packages such as Nile and Red Sea...
- Launchpad. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;11/9/2007, Issue 2792, p48
The article presents various brochures related to tourism. The Coastline Villa Collection included more than 20 villas in Corsica, Majorca and Ibiza, which is suitable for couples, families and groups. Explorers is offering 38 destinations for underwater fans, best for diving. The Funway program...
- Focus on family and adventure. // Travel Weekly: The Choice of Travel Professionals;2/2/2004, Issue 1703, p18
Kuoni will launch dedicated brochures for the family and adventure markets later this year. The operator said the growth in demand for long haul family holidays and adventure breaks justifies the launches and this is a better way to stimulate sales than expanding its Worldwide brochure. The...
- Expedition Essentials. Howe, Steve // Backpacker;Feb2003, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p78
Presents tips for adventurers on planning for expeditions.
- TRAIL TOWN: Ely, MN. Wood, C. // Backpacker;Dec2004, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p35
Presents information on adventure destinations in Ely, Minnesota.
- A LETTER FROM A SUBSCRIBER. Wild, Di // Iceland Review;Winter2009, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p76
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of spending a weekend trip to Iceland in October 2009.
- Big Drives. Collier, Christopher Percy // National Geographic Adventure;Aug2007, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p69
The article offers information on pre-arranged road trips in the United States, Costa Rica and South Africa. The drive from San Francisco to New York City took ten days. In the cross-country tour of Costa Rica, lodges were ranked by their environmental impact. Several spas were tried out during...
- JUST LIKE THE OLD DAYS. Anders, Mark // Boys' Life;Aug2005, Vol. 95 Issue 8, p24
Relates the experiences of the Troop 890 members from Dallas, Texas, who made the trek all the way to Montana in 2004 to take part in the celebration of Lewis and Clark's famous expedition.
- Around Greenland by kayak and dog team. Hoelscher, John // Australian Geographic;Oct-Dec2002, Issue 68, p24
Describes a journey around Greenland. Distance traveled by the expedition team; Challenges experienced along the way; Duration of the journey.