Guidebooks for the sophisticated traveler
- Cook warms up winter ranges. Gibbs, Thom // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;3/14/2008, Issue 2808, p26
The article reports on the unveiling of Thomas Cook's two new winter brochures. It includes the second edition of its Wintersun 2008-2009 range which features some of the biggest changes from 2007's Egypt programme. It also features cruise-and-stay 14 night packages such as Nile and Red Sea...
- Launchpad. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;11/9/2007, Issue 2792, p48
The article presents various brochures related to tourism. The Coastline Villa Collection included more than 20 villas in Corsica, Majorca and Ibiza, which is suitable for couples, families and groups. Explorers is offering 38 destinations for underwater fans, best for diving. The Funway program...
- "You serued God he set you free": Self, Nation, and Celebration in the Wager-Voyaging Adventure of Richard Ferris. Manous, Michael Lee // Early Modern Literary Studies;
The article presents information on a pamphlet written by Richard Ferris, about his most dangerous and memorable adventure of Richard Ferris in 1590. With his pamphlet, Ferris, having just completed a dangerous sea voyage from London to Bristol, extended the performance of his voyaging stunt...
- Focus on family and adventure. // Travel Weekly: The Choice of Travel Professionals;2/2/2004, Issue 1703, p18
Kuoni will launch dedicated brochures for the family and adventure markets later this year. The operator said the growth in demand for long haul family holidays and adventure breaks justifies the launches and this is a better way to stimulate sales than expanding its Worldwide brochure. The...
- EPICENTER. // Backpacker;Dec2004, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p35
Presents information on several adventure destinations in Big River, California.
- A Simple Plan. Derr, Aaron // Boys' Life;Oct2005, Vol. 95 Issue 10, p34
Presents the author's suggestions on how to plan in advance for a high-adventure outing.
- It's not all about free drinks. James, Lisa // Travel Weekly: The Choice of Travel Professionals (00494577);12/1/2003, Issue 1696, p58
Not everyone who takes an all-inclusive travel package wants to lie by the pool and consume as many drinks as possible. There is a niche market out there of all-inclusive clients who don't just want to wear a wristband entitling them to all the usual resort extras. The article offers three...
- Top 10 Crystal Asia Adventures. // Travel Agent;9/29/2008, Vol. 333 Issue 7, p80
The article lists the top 10 Crystal Asia Adventures, which includes the acrobatic performance by a Shanghai acrobatic troupe, the essence of Chinese Cooking in Hong Kong, China, and Phi Phi Snorkeling Adventure.
- FROM THE EDITOR. Rasmus, John // National Geographic Adventure;May2008, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p10
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including an article "Brazil: When It Hurts,"by John Falk, David Roberts article on alpinist Conrad Anker and "The 3 Faces of the Pacific Northwest," by Christian DeBenedetti.