- Drawn to Controversy. SCUDELLARI, MEGAN // Scientist;Jan2014, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p54
The article discusses the profile of Michael R. Dietrich, a professor of history and philosophy of biology at Dartmouth College in Hanover, New Hampshire. It informs that Dietrich contributed a lot in the field of biology, including a debate on a common theory in molecular evolution. It further...
- HSF recruits from Taylor Wessing for sixth German partner. Harris, Joanne // Lawyer (Online Edition);7/7/2014, p2
The article announces the appointment of Michael Dietrich as partner of the law firm Herbert Smith Freehills (HSF) LLP.
- CORRESPONDENCE. Davis, Jane; Vaughan, D.H.; Harris, A.S.; Gordon, R.R.; Mutch, Lesley M.M.; Brown, Norman; Lashford, A.M.; Dunn, Peter M.; Spiedel, B.D.; Super, M.; Fowler, P.B.S.; Wade, Owen Lyndon; Maclay, William P.; Kennedy, Graham R.; Edwards, A.M.; Orr, T.S.C.; Court, Henrietta; Streete, P.J. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);3/28/1981, Vol. 282 Issue 6269, p1069
Presents letters related to medicine. Explanation of death and bereavement to children; Consideration of special perinatal death certificates; Factors on the development of antiallergic drugs.
- Some Observations on the Consensus Statement of the Working Group on Roman Catholic Approaches to Determining Appropriate Critical Care. Gormally, Luke // Christian Bioethics: Non-ecumenical Studies in Medical Morality;Aug2001, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p259
Discusses an approach to determining appropriate critical care by a consensus statement. Development of evidence-based medicine; Considerations identified in the consensus statement which seem to pinpoint elements of the Catholic worldview of possible relevance to decisions to limit critical...
- Beyond Brain Death? Halevy, Amir // Journal of Medicine & Philosophy;Oct2001, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p493
Focuses on the concept of brain death. Consideration of two different brain-based criteria of death by the President's Commission for the Study of Ethical Problems and Medicine and Biomedical and Behavioral Research; Enumeration of problems with the standard tests supporting the rationale of...
- NEWS AND NOTES. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);4/25/1981, Vol. 282 Issue 6273, p1403
Reports developments on medicine in Europe as of April 1981. Construction of the central public health laboratory; Criteria for the diagnosis of brain death; Selection of Michael F. Oliver as president of the British Cardiac Society.
- OBITUARY NOTICES. // British Medical Journal;7/3/1976, Vol. 2 Issue 6026, p50
Presents obituary notices for professors of medicine and social sciences who died in Great Britain as of July 1976.
- Death Notices. // Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine (Supplement);Jan2012, Vol. 105 Issue 1, p43
The article presents obituaries for several former physicians, including Stephen Theodore Butterworth, Leonard M. Franks and Clive Bernard Woodham.
- demise. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p600
A definition of the term "demise," which means death, is presented.