Protecting against Clostridium difficile illness
- More Nutritional Research Needed to Prevent and Treat Clostridium difficile Infections. Curtis, Luke // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Nov2013, Vol. 108 Issue 11, p1813
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Guidelines for diagnosis, treatment and prevention of Clostridium difficile infections" by C.M. Surawicz and colleagues in 2013 issue.
- Continuing Medical Education: April 2013. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Apr2013, Vol. 108 Issue 4, p477
The article presents guidelines for diagnosis, treatment and prevention of clostridium difficile infections which are based on the journal "American Journal of Gastroenterology." It explains the learning objectives of the activity and what the participants should be able to learn. It lists...
- Prevention and Treatment Bundle Reduced Incidence of Clostridium difficile Infection. Hoffman, Leslie A. // Critical Care Alert;Mar2010, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p91
The article presents information on a research study which evaluated a new prevention and treatment guideline for clostridium difficile infection (CDI).
- Editorial Commentary: 027, 078, and Others: Going Beyond the Numbers (and Away From the Hypervirulence). Barbut, Frédéric; Rupnik, Maja // Clinical Infectious Diseases;Dec2012, Vol. 55 Issue 12, p1669
An introduction to the articles published in the periodical is presented which include the topics epidemiology of Clostridium difficile infection (CDI), ribotype or strain characteristics and use of clinical score for the prediction of CDI.
- RIH, Brown researchers identify components in C. difficile that may lead to new diagnostic tools. // Rhode Island Medical Journal;Mar2014, Vol. 97 Issue 3, p65
The article focuses on the study conducted by Rhode Island Hospital researchers on identification of components in spore forming bacteria Clostridium difficile that may lead to new diagnostic tools and techniques and informs that study was published in the Journal of Molecular Diagnostics.
- C difficile test to predict patients most at risk. // Africa Health;Sep2013, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p9
The article reports on the development of a test which predicts the patients with the most vulnerability to Clostridium difficile infection in Great Britain.
- Answering your questions on diabetes diagnosis, free drug assays, refrigerated specimens for glucose, and Clostridium difficile-associated diarrhea. Baer, Daniel M. // MLO: Medical Laboratory Observer;Mar99, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p8
Presents question and answer advisory on diabetes diagnosis, free drug assays, refrigerated specimens for glucose and Clostridium difficile-associated diarrhea. Criteria for diagnosing diabetes; Effect of uremia on protein binding to albumins; Evaluation of method for collecting and processing...
- Effective Utilization of Evolving Methods for the Laboratory Diagnosis of Clostridium difficile Infection. Kawsar, Hameem I. // Clinical Infectious Diseases;11/1/2011, Vol. 53 Issue 9, p964
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Effective Utilization of Evolving Methods for the Laboratory Diagnosis of Clostridium difficile Infection," by A.M. Kufelnicka and T.J. Kirn in a previous issue.
- Reply to Kawsar. Kirn, Thomas J. // Clinical Infectious Diseases;11/1/2011, Vol. 53 Issue 9, p964
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Effective utilization of evolving methods for the laboratory diagnosis of Clostridium difficile infection,'' by A. M. Kufelnicka and Thomas J. Kirn in a previous issue.