- From Rags to Riches: The Evolution of the Asset-Based Lending Industry. Gerlach, Teresa Britt // Secured Lender;Nov/Dec99, Vol. 55 Issue 7, p90
Highlights the evolution of the asset-based lending industry. First commercial finance company; Growth of the industry; Landscape of industry participants.
- DOMESTIC RANKINGS. // Investment Dealers' Digest;07/10/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 28, p25
Presents domestic rankings of debt and equity offerings in the United States, for the second quarter of 2000. Straight debt; Long-term corporate debt; Long-term investment-grade corporate straight debt; Long-term agency issues; Collateralized securities; Asset-backed debt; Non-convertible...
- Introducing the BAS CDO ROE Barometers. Gibson, Lang; McCutcheon, Erin // Securitization Conduit;2001, Vol. 4 Issue 1-4, p25
Introduces a collateralized debt obligation (CDO) return on equity barometers which quantify the attractiveness of issuing and investing in CDO at a given time. Types of collateral; Driving factors behind the spread widening environment; Methodology for constructing the barometer.
- Commercial Paper Hit for State Street. Ackermann, Matt // American Banker;8/29/2007, Vol. 172 Issue 167, p18
The article focuses on the decline of State Street Corp.'s stock price after the newspaper "Times" of London, England, reported it has significant exposure to asset-backed commercial paper conduits, which have caused problems for European banks. The funds account for 17% of its assets, according...
- SERVICER WATCH. // Asset Securitization Report;8/1/2005, Vol. 5 Issue 30, p35
Presents the credit ratings of financial institutions that service asset-backed securities in the United States. Rating agencies Fitch, Moody's Investor Service, and Standard and Poor's; Mortgages; Credit cards; Student loans; Accredited Home Lenders; ABN AMRO Mortgage; AMC Mortgage; Aurora;...
- Resolution of NPA in India: The Role of Asset Reconstruction Companies. TIWARI, NEERAJ // Financial Fraud Law Report;Sep2011, Vol. 3 Issue 8, p552
The author highlights the ongoing problem of non-performing assets faced by Indian banks and simultaneously focuses on the evolution of asset reconstruction companies as an institutional mechanism to relieve banks from this mounting problem.
- PeRFeCT PaRTneRS. Beattie, Lisa // Secured Lender;May2014, Vol. 70 Issue 5, p20
The article discusses how asset-based lenders (ABL) could benefit from partnering with staffing agencies. Topics covered include the employment growth in the U.S., net employment outlook and the common mistake committed by staffing agencies. Also mentioned is the need for educating staffing...
- look back at 2008 the eye of the storm? DELAMAIDE, DARRELL // Secured Lender;Jan/Feb2009, Vol. 65 Issue 1, p24
The article discusses the experiences of asset-based lenders in 2008. Asset-lenders, including PRN Funding, reportedly enjoyed the best of times in 2008 because the retreat of banks over the course of the year benefited them as they were doing the deals that banks should be doing instead. Some...
- ts/profile. WUBE, EILEEN // Secured Lender;Jan/Feb2009, Vol. 65 Issue 1, p50
The article focuses on FGI Finance, its predictions for 2009 and how it overcomes some of the challenges of receivable finance. A brief historical overview of FGI Finance is offered. According to the article, FGI's continued focus on accounts receivable has been key to its success both up and...