- From Rags to Riches: The Evolution of the Asset-Based Lending Industry. Gerlach, Teresa Britt // Secured Lender;Nov/Dec99, Vol. 55 Issue 7, p90
Highlights the evolution of the asset-based lending industry. First commercial finance company; Growth of the industry; Landscape of industry participants.
- Introducing the BAS CDO ROE Barometers. Gibson, Lang; McCutcheon, Erin // Securitization Conduit;2001, Vol. 4 Issue 1-4, p25
Introduces a collateralized debt obligation (CDO) return on equity barometers which quantify the attractiveness of issuing and investing in CDO at a given time. Types of collateral; Driving factors behind the spread widening environment; Methodology for constructing the barometer.
- DOMESTIC RANKINGS. // Investment Dealers' Digest;07/10/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 28, p25
Presents domestic rankings of debt and equity offerings in the United States, for the second quarter of 2000. Straight debt; Long-term corporate debt; Long-term investment-grade corporate straight debt; Long-term agency issues; Collateralized securities; Asset-backed debt; Non-convertible...
- Commercial Paper Hit for State Street. Ackermann, Matt // American Banker;8/29/2007, Vol. 172 Issue 167, p18
The article focuses on the decline of State Street Corp.'s stock price after the newspaper "Times" of London, England, reported it has significant exposure to asset-backed commercial paper conduits, which have caused problems for European banks. The funds account for 17% of its assets, according...
- Rooftop tightens criteria. Anker, Guy // Money Marketing;11/30/2006, p22
The article reports that Rooftop Mortgages has claimed that it has recovered the confidence of investors after the company issued its portfolio of mortgages to be scrutinized in Great Britain. However, the claim comes shortly after a negative Fitch rating on three tranches of Rooftop's second...
- ACCOUNTING FOR AN ATTRACTIVE OPTION. Chandler, Ray; Davies, Iwan // Accountancy;Jun93, Vol. 111 Issue 1198, p81
Focuses on the attractiveness of asset securitization to financial institutions in Great Britain. Framework of securitization; Lowering of the risk of funding; Isolation of risk.
- Contracts may be rewritten to force lenders to be flexible on arrears. Holt, Natalie // Mortgage Strategy;6/29/2009, p6
The article reports on the potential change in the terms used in securitisation agreements as a result of the Financial Services Authority's (FSA) review of arrears concentrated on specialist lenders in Great Britain. The possible change will force lenders to be more flexible with struggling...
- SERVICER WATCH. // Asset Securitization Report;8/1/2005, Vol. 5 Issue 30, p35
Presents the credit ratings of financial institutions that service asset-backed securities in the United States. Rating agencies Fitch, Moody's Investor Service, and Standard and Poor's; Mortgages; Credit cards; Student loans; Accredited Home Lenders; ABN AMRO Mortgage; AMC Mortgage; Aurora;...
- Resolution of NPA in India: The Role of Asset Reconstruction Companies. TIWARI, NEERAJ // Financial Fraud Law Report;Sep2011, Vol. 3 Issue 8, p552
The author highlights the ongoing problem of non-performing assets faced by Indian banks and simultaneously focuses on the evolution of asset reconstruction companies as an institutional mechanism to relieve banks from this mounting problem.