GM Saga Tells a Tale Of the Junk Market
- LARGE SPORT-UTILITY VEHICLES. // Crain's Detroit Business;10/30/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 44, pE-12
Evaluates sport utility vehicles (SUV) from various automobile manufacturers. Features of SUV manufactured by General Motors Corp.; Engine of the Toyota Sequoia.
- GM plans to double Rendezvous output. Kranz, Rick // Automotive News;1/29/2001, Vol. 75 Issue 5913, p21
Reports on General Motors' plan to double the output of its 2002 Buick Rendezvous sport wagon. Estimated number of units to be received by Buick dealers; Market's unacceptance of the company's Pontiac Aztek automobile.
- GM's comeback lifts July market. Teahen Jr., John K. // Automotive News;8/9/2004, Vol. 78 Issue 6106, p54
In June, the market stunned General Motors Corp. (GM) with a roundhouse left to the teeth. GM's sales were down 12.1 percent from last year and, as a result, the U.S. total was off 2 percent. Sales rose a scant 0.3 percent over last year, but GM sold 80,580 more new cars and light trucks in July...
- Saturn SUV could give birth to pickup, minivan. Robinson, Aaron // Automotive News;4/3/2000, Vol. 74 Issue 5868, p1
Reports on General Motors Corp.'s (GM) plan to introduce a pickup and a minivan designed to follow the Saturn sport-utility vehicle. Saturn's plan to introduce the GMT315 sport-utility in 2001; GM product planners' creation of a portfolio of concepts around a vehicle firmly scheduled for...
- Cadillac says `me too' to luxury SUV fever. // Ward's Auto World;Dec97, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p31
Reports that Cadillac will introduce a fullsize sport/utility vehicle (SUV) for the 1999 year model in 1998. Vehicle used as a basis for the SUV; Information on the SUV market.
- GM to build Hummer H2 in Russia. // Automotive News;9/1/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 6055, p21
General Motors Corp. (GM) will assemble the Hummer H2 SUV in Russia to target the country's growing band of businessmen. GM signed a framework agreement with Russian automaker Avtotor at Moscow's annual motor show to produce 200 to 400 of the huge vehicles. The vehicles will be made at Avtotor's...
- Big trucks, big profits, big future. Silvey, Larry // Aftermarket Business;
Comments on automaker General Motors' dominance in the sport utility vehicle (SUV) market in the United States. Percentage of the market controlled by General Motors; Effect of rising fuel prices on the company's business; Sales of luxury SUV; Efforts of developing viable hydrogen fuel cell...
- GM may take over Niva sales. Frink, Lyle // Automotive News Europe;10/20/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 20, p8
Reports that the Chevrolet Niva sport-utility vehicle is to be sold in western Europe in 2004 through General Motors dealerships, as of October 2003. Background on the project; Description of the vehicle; Controversy surrounding the dealerships.
- No Plans for Rendezvous in China. // Ward's Auto World;Mar2001, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p38
Reports that General Motors Corp. will not produce its Buick Rendezvous automobile in China. Reasons for the company's decision; Information on the company's market in China.