A Broker-Dealer Morality Tale
- Separate accounts better for hedge fund investors. Bader, John M.; Clark, Douglas // Pensions & Investments;10/17/2011, Vol. 39 Issue 21, p12
The article offers information on the maintenance of separate accounts for hedge fund investors.
- Hedge Funds: Risky Record Keeping? Willcox, Kathleen // Investment Management Weekly;11/19/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 46, pN.PAG
Reports on the studies conducted on Hedge funds. Misconceptions in the industry about hedge funds; Difficulties in assessing the value added by hedge funds to an investor's portfolio; Problems with hedge fund data.
- Are the risks of hedge fund investment 'unconventional'? Astleford, Peter // International Money Marketing;Nov2001, p14
Argues that the risks investors find when investing in hedge funds are not unconventional. Information on regulated investment funds and hedge funds; Countries that permit the limited promotion of hedge funds but restrict their use to investors who will invest.
- Schroders in European equity hedge offering. Smith, Hannah // Fund Strategy;3/15/2010, p7
The article offers information on the Schroder Gaia Egerton European Equity fund which is designed to give British and European investors easier access to hedge fund expertise.
- Report makes case for hedge fund-of-fund managers. Clair, Chris // Pensions & Investments;10/15/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 21, p37
Presents a case for hedge fund-of-fund managers in London, England. Purpose of hedge funds; Impact of increase in supply and demand on quality of the managers; Effect of high fees of hedge funds on investors.
- For mortgage masters, 2013 is a bond-picker's market. // FRPT- Finance Snapshot;3/16/2013, p11
The article informs that mortgage debt traders in India are warning investors not to expect much from hedge funds.
- Opening up hedges. Duncan, Chris // Money Marketing;9/5/2002, p20
Focuses on the debate over the suitability of long/short funds for retail investor in Great Britain. Proposal of FSA to allow hedge funds to be listed on the stockmarket; Lack of plans of FSA to offer hedge funds to retail investors; Doubts of FSA on the suitability of hedge funds for retail...
- Risk control now the name of the game. Kinsey-Quick, Ken // Finance Week;4/12/2002, p26
Focuses on the preference of investors for hedge funds in Australia. History of the first hedge funds; Effect of the volatility in global financial markets on the popularity of hedge funds; Factors for the selection of hedge funding.
- Funds of hedge funds criticised by academics. Hildrey, Simon // International Money Marketing;Dec2001, p20
Reports on the criticism on funds of hedge funds by Reading University academics for failing to provide sufficient added value to investors to justify their costs. Title of reports of the academics on hedge funds; Standard measurement of hedge fund performance.