ENERGY & POWER
- Take two on Southern Co. // Fortune;3/21/2005, Vol. 151 Issue 6, p236
Studies an evaluation of Southern Co which was rated for performance-risk-valuation by Matrix USA; Report which put the utility company in the middle of the buy range; Highest scoring company according to the evaluation which was Scottish Power which rated a strong buy.
- M&A as a key intervention in India's power generation sector. // FRPT- Finance Snapshot;3/ 9/2014, p21
The article reports on the poor performance of the power generation sector in India in 2014. It shows that independent power producers are facing severe shortage of equity because of the limited appetite amongst institutional and private equity investors for additional exposure to the sector. It...
- SURGING DEMAND FOR ELECTRIC POWER IN THE MEAN REGION. // Middle East Business Intelligence;6/5/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p4
Reveals the increasing demand for power in the Middle East/North Africa (MEAN) region. Highlights of studies that reveal that surging power demand of the region; Reason for the surge of power demand by the region; Industrial projects in the region that are expected to consume vast amount of power.
- Both crisis and opportunity loom for energy industry. Flanigan, Janes // Journal of Business (10756124);04/05/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 8, pA4
Comments on the challenges facing the energy industry in the United States amidst the energy resource shortage in California. Recognition of the various energy facility-building projects following the crisis; Need to address the urgency for innovation in the industry.
- Energy Sparks New Issues. Arroyo, Arnaldo // Equities;May/Jun2001, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p33
Focuses on the move of the energy-related companies to capitalize on the anticipated increase in generating capacity in the United States. Demand of the consumer for energy; Need of a power plant by the country; Estimation of energy demand by the Department of Energy.
- Proposals selected for Clean Energy Fund's fuel cell program. // Fairfield County Business Journal;3/17/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 11, p14
Announces the Connecticut Clean Energy Fund's selection of proposals received in response to the first phase of its 2002 Fuel Cell Request for Proposal. Total amount requested for funding; Diverse project sites, types and ideas attracts by the request for proposal.
- International energy. // Monthly Energy Review;Feb99, p129
Reports on global energy trends as of November 1998. Crude oil production; Petroleum consumption; Petroleum stocks; Nuclear energy generation.
- Glossary. // Monthly Energy Review;Aug2002, p183
Presents a glossary of terms concerning the energy industry in the United States. Alcohol fuels; Anthracite; Asphalt; Aviation gasoline blending components; Barrel; Base gas; Bituminous coal.
- Further Reading. // MarketWatch: Energy;Jan2008, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p60
A list of articles related to energy resources is presented.