- M&A. // Investment Dealers' Digest;6/20/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 24, p19
Presents charts and a graph depicting the volume of business merger and acquisitions as of June 13, 2005. Global target volume by selected industry; Volume of merger deals for U.S. energy and power industries; Non-U.S. target merger and acquisition adviser rankings.
- M&A Deals Bring New Biz To ABL Mart. K. K. // Bank Loan Report;11/21/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 44, p1
Focuses on the contribution of mergers and acquisitions and leveraged buyout market to the strong issuance in the leveraged loan market in the U.S. in 2005. Increase in the percentage of deal volume driven by acquisitions; Benefit of the trend for the asset-based market; Comparison of the recent...
- It Pays to Follow the Leader: Acquiring Targets Picked by Private Equity. Dittmar, Amy; Li, Di; Nain, Amrita // Journal of Financial & Quantitative Analysis;Oct2012, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p901
This paper examines the impact of financial sponsor competition on corporate buyers. We find that corporate acquirers who purchase targets that financial buyers also bid on outperform corporate acquirers who buy targets bid on by corporate firms only. Deal characteristics, acquirer abilities,...
- Flush with cash, Simon revives hunt for acquisitions. Andrews, Greg // Indianapolis Business Journal;9/14/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 28, p4A
The article profiles Simon Property Group Inc. in Indiana. According to the author, the company has grown its revenue ten times since it began in 1993. One major factor that contributed to Simon Property's development is well-timed acquisitions. The author noted Simon's strategies which include...
- Investment Grants--Progress Payments on Acquisition of Assets. // Accountancy;Aug1967, Vol. 78 Issue 888, p519
The article reports on the regulations concerning Investment Grants which may be paid in respect of progress payments on the acquisition of assets without waiting for the assets to be completed in Great Britain. The Board of Trade have announced that in view of the wide variety of contractual...
- Fewer large deals, but more activity. // Accountancy;Dec1990, Vol. 106 Issue 1168, p33
The article provides information on the increase in number of management buyouts in Great Britain in the first half of 1990. The value of buyout and buyin transactions at Â£1.71 billion was 24.3 % less than the Â£2.26 billion recorded in the same period of 1989. However, the volume of deals...
- HP Split Seen Opening Door To Buyouts. PETE BARLAS // Investors Business Daily;10/7/2014, pA05
Hewlett-Packard going splitsville could lead to a marriage down the road to EMC or some other suitors.
- Market Returns to Acquirers of Substantial Assets. Da Silva Rosa, Raymond; Nguyen, Thuy; Walter, Terry // Australian Journal of Management (University of New South Wales);2004 Special Issue, Vol. 29, p111
Does poor post-acquisition performance characterise firms that make non-M&A acquisitions? We investigate the wealth effects of substantial asset acquisitions (i.e. acquisitions that cost over $10 million) on acquiring firms' shareholders. We find significant abnormal positive market reaction to...
- Acquiring a business? Work with the broker. Marlor, Bradley G. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;4/11/2005, Vol. 34 Issue 41, p8
Discusses the factors to consider in acquiring a business. Questions to ask before inquiring about a business; Steps in buying a business; Role of brokers in business acquisitions.