How Financial Professionals Can Become Financially Intelligent Mentors: An Open Letter
- A Tale of Two Transitions. Gallo, Eileen // Journal of Financial Planning;Oct2012, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p34
The article looks at the financial adviser's role in young adults' transition from financial dependence on their parents to financial autonomy. Situations in which the parents and young adult agree on the goal of financial autonomy, the young adult prefers to remain financially dependent, and...
- Put Kids on the Right Path with Money Lessons. // Chicago Citizen - South Suburban Edition;1/11/2012, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p10
The article focuses on how parents impart saving lessons to their children in a more effective way that will enable children to grow into financially responsible young adults.
- Teach Your Children to Be Savers and Investors. Decker, Gary // Munday Courier (TX);11/14/2007, Vol. 34 Issue 50, p3
The article discusses the importance of teaching children how to be savers and investors.
- Budgeting FOR BABY. Tarakson, Stella // Australian Parents;Apr/May2001, p79
Provides tips on budgeting for babies' needs. Types of costs in child rearing; Ways of cost reduction.
- Over 1,000 advisers sit CII test on investment. Boles, Corey // Money Marketing;7/31/2003, p5
Reports on the savings and investment module exam for financial advisers in Great Britain. Number of advisers taking the exam; Focus of the exam; Aim of the exam.
- HOW TO INVEST AN ACTOR'S MONEY. Gardner, Eriq // Hollywood Reporter;4/28/2010, Vol. 414 Issue 21, p12
The article offers a guideline for financial advisers on how to invest an actor's money.
- Teach Your Children Well. Stein, Ben // Financial Planning;Nov2002, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p67
Offers tips on teaching children how to save money. Ways to be responsible for one's own money; Spending habit which one must adopt; Psychology of saving.
- Teaching the tykes. Lowes, Robert // Medical Economics;7/26/2002, Vol. 79 Issue 14, p25
Discusses the responsibility of parents to teach their children the value of money. Resources which can help parents educate children regarding money and finance; Activities which can aid in teaching children the value of money; Pointers in setting school allowance of children.
- Getting Kids Hooked on Saving. Harris, Diane // Parenting;Jun/Jul2002, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p225
Provides tips on motivating a child to start saving. Importance of a setting a goal; Ways by which a child could earn money; Information on how a child can monitor his savings.