Happiness Is a Perfect Install
- Think about that for a minute…LISTENING. Effros, Steve // CableFAX Daily;4/27/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 82, p4
The article reflects on the need for the U.S. cable television industry to listen to customers and respond to their needs. Japanese delegates come to the U.S. every year to compare and take notes on the latest competitive trends in the cable industry. The cable sector in Japan is still in...
- Customer response at the extremes. Donath, Bob // Marketing News;1/4/1993, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p14
The article presents a perspective on customer satisfaction and the handling of inbound telephone call in the cable television industry. Automated response unit in cable speak is costing the cable industry a lot. The quality of response that consumers receive has not been affected by computer...
- Chastised cable MSOs choose service, and smile. Cranin, Andrew // Advertising Age;11/27/1995, Vol. 66 Issue 48, p30
The article reports on the marketing problems being faced by multiple system operators (MSO) and local companies in light of cable television networks' aggressive, intelligent marketing programs in the U.S. There is a need for the industry to improve customer service due to the high levels of...
- Ratings TV service. // Consumer Reports;Mar2004, Vol. 69 Issue 3, p33
Presents the result of a survey on the overall satisfaction of satellite subscribers, analog-cable subscribers, and digital-cable subscribers as of March 2004. Score of satellite subscribers in telephone customer service; Number of digital-cable subscribers included in the survey; Rating of...
- A SIMPLE CHALLENGE. Effros, Steve // CableFAX Daily;12/15/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 242, p4
The author reminds cable television providers to offer services as simple as possible for consumers to understand. He explores the challenges being faced by the cable business. An example of keeping services simple is by providing one number to call for customer service. However, there are...
- Press Three. Donohue, Steve; Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;12/4/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 48, p26
The article focuses on significance of the customer service center of Comcast on effecient customer service in the U.S. The customer service center handles calls from 1.2 million subscribers in eastern Pennsylvania and Delaware. Comcast and other cable operators are partnering with telephone...
- Ode to the cable guy. O'Shea., Dan // Telephony;9/9/96, Vol. 231 Issue 11, p36
Reports on the problems commonly encountered by customers of cable television companies in the United States. Chicago Cable TV; Customer service.
- On time, only more so. Katz, Michael // Broadcasting & Cable;11/25/96, Vol. 126 Issue 49, p57
Reports that the United States cable industry is enhancing its On-Time Customer Service Guarantee (OTG), an industrywide customer service initiative developed by CTAM and NCTA. Cable television services; Rates; Baseline initiatives; Remarks from Decker Anstrom, NCTA president.
- Basic Nets Hear VOD's Call. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;3/4/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p1
Reports the improvement of the basic cable network in the United States. Development on the system of the network; Enhancement on the services of the cable networks; Programming standard.