Discovery: We're Pushing Envelope
- Highlights:. Brady, Shirley; Arenstein, Seth // CableFAX Daily;4/28/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 83, p5
Reports the schedule for the broadcasting of the Turner Classic Movies documentary television program "The Bette Davis Story," in the U.S.
- Let the show go on. White, Rob // Sight & Sound;Sep2002, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p7
Reports on how documentary television programs in the U.S. are able to analyze the lives of the people. Review of several documentary television programs; Details of several documentary stories; Implications for the television broadcasting industry.
- Discovery, Ted Koppel Break Early. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;12/1/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 47, p26
The article reports the termination of contract between Koppel Group and Discovery Communications which is supposed to end in May 2009. It states that the termination has been agreed six months in advance by both parties under the terms in which they found acceptable. It notes that neither of...
- Local Newsmags Gain Traction. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;2/7/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 6, p12
Reports on the popularity of network-style newsmagazines in the U.S. television broadcasting industry as of February 7, 2005. Benefits associated with newsmagazines; Factors that hinder the success of the format; Information on newsmagazines that are shown in the U.S.
- DREAMING OF SWEEPLESS NIGHTS. Shales, Tom // Television Week;12/1/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 48, p81
Comments on the television programs shown during the November 2003 sweeps in the U.S. Criticisms against the television documentary "The Reagans" on CBS; Comparison of the ratings of CBS and NBC; Speculations on the actions to be taken by networks to improve their ratings.
- Must-See TV: Four from "Frontline." Cunningham, Brent // Columbia Journalism Review;May/Jun2005, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p19
This article provides information on the documentaries aired by Frontline in the U.S. between January and March 2005. "A Company of Soldiers," follows Dog Company, of the U.S. Army's 8th Cavalry Regiment, during the month of November 2004, in south Baghdad, Iraq; "House of Saud" is about the...
- 'High' docudrama a dropout for Fox. // Daily Variety;08/16/2000, Vol. 268 Issue 52, p6
Reports the cancellation of the telecast of documentary drama series `American High' by Fox network in the United States. Attribution of the cancellation to the lack of audience interest; Replacement for the program; Plans of partnership with Fox Family Channel for the rights of the four...
- News ethics group condemns CBS show. // Body Politic;Nov80, Issue 68, p17
Discusses the criticisms of the National News Council (NNC), an ethics body of U.S. journalists, on the television documentary "Gay Power, Gay Politics." Reason behind the complaint of gay journalist Randy Alfred on the documentary; Impact of the report of NNC on the credibility of Columbia...
- Programming. // CableFAX Daily;12/28/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 249, p2
Presents an update on programs on cable television networks in the U.S. as of December 28, 2005. Soccer stunt to be performed by David Green to be aired by ESPN Deportes; Reality and documentary series to be launched by Court TV.