DOWNLOADABLE CONDITIONAL ACCESS: HOW WE GOT TO THIS FORK IN THE ROAD
- Cable gains 1 million homes. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;01/08/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p8
Reports on the rise in the number of cable television subscribers in the United States in 2000. Improved prime-time ratings and viewership of top cable television networks in the country in 2000, according to data gathered by Turner Entertainment Research; Factors possibly attributing to the...
- Military Channel Wins Initial Ratings Battle. Harper, Jennifer // Insight on the News;01/11/99, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p37
Provides information on the Military Channel cable network launched by Vietnam veterans in the United States. Stars seen in the network; Potential viewers of the network; Kind of shows broadcast on the network.
- Making Time for Local Avails Pays Off. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;06/05/2000 Supplement, Vol. 21, p20A
Reports on United States cable networks' increasing accommodation of affiliates' requests for local avails. Bravo; Animal Planet; CNBC; Comedy Central; ESPN Classic; Fox News Channel; TNT.
- Emerging Networks Face Fight for Carriage. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;07/10/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 28, p80
Reports on the results of a survey of cable operators in the United States, published in the June 2000 Myers Reports `Mediaeconomics' newsletter. Top-ranking emerging networks based on brand familiarity and carriage plans; Operators' views on the important attributes for adding a basic network;...
- Hooked Up. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/05/98, Vol. 128 Issue 41, p58
Presents news items on the cable television broadcasting industry in the United States. Extended contract of USA Networks' `Sunday Night Heat' weekly series; Statistics on the advertising revenues for leading basic cable networks during the first half of 1998; Satellite TV distributor Prime...
- Cable ratings down. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;03/06/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p4
Reports the ratings of cable television networks in the United States as of March 2000. Percentage decrease among the top ten networks; USA Network as the top cable network in prime time television; Attribution of Nickelodeon's secondary spot to the program `Nick at Nite'; Networks with...
- Closed circuit. // Broadcasting & Cable;01/17/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 3, p10
Presents news items related to cable television and broadcasting in the United States as of January 17, 2000. Includes soft launch of Walt Disney's operational channel; Investigation of Echostar Corp.; Minority and gender recruiting rules for broadcasters.
- Brand name good for biz. Flint, Joe // Variety;12/11/95 Television, Vol. 361 Issue 6, p16
Focuses on the competition for who will be the dominant television business brand in the United States. Establishment of CNNfn, or CNN Financial News, as a challenger to CNBC, NBC's Consumer & Business Channel; Branding and marketing strategies employed by the said television stations.
- Hispanic world on a wire. McConville, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;11/13/95, Vol. 125 Issue 46, p72
Reports on developments related to Hispanic American cable television. Number of Hispanic Americans; Areas with large Hispanic American population; Hispanic cable networks' efforts to grow their market; Factors affecting the market.