VOD Sermon: Ad Exec Lays It on the Line
- Ratings. // Cable World (10427228);5/19/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 20, p38
Presents several charts of basic cable television advertisement-supported programming in the U.S. for the week of May 5 to 11, 2003.
- Weighing the great divide in television. Lowry, Brian // Daily Variety;5/20/2009, Vol. 303 Issue 32, p2
The article offers the author's insight regarding the rivalry of broadcast television and cable television in the U.S. Peter Rice of Fox Entertainment touts broadcast television as the dominant one in the country. He also cites the advertising campaign of cable television Turner Entertainment...
- 96% of cable HHs are reached by ad-supported cable weekly. // Advertising Age;2/28/1994, Vol. 65 Issue 9, special section pC-3
Presents a graphical representation of U.S. households with cable television that were reached by advertising-supported cable weekly from 1985 to 1993.
- Cable gold rush could be a crawl. Linnett, Richard // Advertising Age;5/3/2004, Vol. 75 Issue 18, pS-20
Explores whether upfront advertising money will go to cable television (TV) in the U.S. in 2004. Forecast of the Cabletelevision Advertising Bureau on the advertising revenue of the industry in 2004; Implications of the scatter upfront market on the cable sector; Investments made by cable TV...
- Cable Muscles in on Ad Market. Atkinson, Claire // Television Week;4/21/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p16
The article focuses on the increased numbers of cable television channels that have been scheduling upfront presentations in the U.S. for the week of May 12, 2008. The cable networks are competing for attention as the broadcast networks are trying to extract higher advertising prices while...
- Why Cable TV Rates Are Going Up. // Consumers' Research Magazine;Dec2003, Vol. 86 Issue 12, p10
Reports on an increase in cable TV rate in the U.S. in 2002. Factors which contributed to the increase; Monthly rates according to the Federal Communications Commission; Approaches to addressing the rise in cable rates; Cost of local advertising.
- Demanding Need: Ratings, Soon. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;1/19/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p42
Focuses on the move of cable television (TV) operators in the U.S. to measure and verify advertising viewership in video-on-demand (VOD) programming. Plan of reconciling VOD viewership with linear viewership; Information on the state of linear TV ratings; Increase in the usage of Cartoon...
- Cable Scatter Remains Weak. Grillo, Jean Bergantini // Broadcasting & Cable;10/20/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 42, p21
Provides an outlook for cable television broadcasting in the U.S. in the fourth quarter of 2003. Reason that buys are slow; Deals entered by Lifetime Movie Network; Months that were strong for spot cable.
- VOD's Mystery Numbers. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;2/14/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p24
Analyzes the market for video on demand (VOD) services from the cable television industry in the U.S. Strategy of Cox Communications Inc. in launching its VOD service; Percentage of VOD-enabled subscribers in Boston, Massachusetts and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Increase in VOD revenue in 2004;...