Analysts to Cable: Keep on Investing
- Cable Legislation Draws Fire From Local Providers. Long, Jessica // San Diego Business Journal;4/17/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 16, p5
The article reports on the opposition of local cable network services providers to the Assembly Bill 2987 also known as the Digital Infrastructure and Video Competition Act of 2006 in the U.S. According to cable managers, phone companies can immediately enter the marketplace with new services,...
- Cable slowly starts to fill voice void. Carlson, Caron // eWeek;7/8/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 27, p24
Reports the business status of the telecommunication service providers. Plan of cable companies on the problem of telecommunication companies; Cost of investing in carrier-grade voice; Effect of the issue in the business market.
- Horses for courses. Armitage, Joss // IBE: International Broadcast Engineer;Jul/Aug2002, Issue 328, p14
Reports the struggle of the television cable industry. Decision to incur the expense of increasing bandwidth; Market factors of cable operators; Management of triple-play networks.
- Practical considerations in digital telephony over CATV. Yang, Zuo // Telecom Asia;Jan96, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p16
Discusses practical considerations involved in the transmission of digital telephony over cable television (CATV) lines. Combination of integrated services digital networks (ISDN) with CATV; Combined access configuration; Definition of the user to network interface.
- Cable Competition Waltzes Across Texas. Estrella, Joe // Multichannel News;08/21/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 34, p3
Focuses on the competition among cable television networks in Texas. Participation of the Western Integrated Networks LLC, Grande Communications and WideOpen West (WOW) LLC franchises; Implications of the competition for the consumers; Details on the Forth Worth agreement with WOW; Preparation...
- Competing news services vie for station loyalty. Lafayette, Jon // Electronic Media;09/11/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 37, p44
Focuses on the strategies employed by cable television networks to succeed in a competitive TV market in the United States. Effect of the joint venture between ABC, CBS and Fox network on the insurance policy of Cable News Network (CNN); Launch of the CNN Marketsource, a live stock-market...
- Operator good will is the real prize. Hall, Lee // Electronic Media;11/10/97, Vol. 16 Issue 46, p36
Announces that ZDTV, a computer oriented cable channel which will be launched in 1998, plans to sponsor the first competition to find the best Web site created by a cable operator in the United States. Winners to be honored at the 1997 Western Cable Show in California; Who will judge...
- Cable dodges rate regs. Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;07/27/98, Vol. 128 Issue 31, p4
Focuses on the increasing cable rates in the United States (US). US House Telecommunications Subcommittee Chairman Billy Tauzin's plan to introduce a bill intended to keep cable rates down; US Congress' effort to find a way to introduce competition into the cable industry.
- In-your-face music. Burgi, Michael // Brandweek;06/11/2001, Vol. 42 Issue 24, pSR8
Focuses on the competition between music cable television networks MTV2 and MuchMusic. Features of MuchMusic's upcoming program lineup in June 2001; Comparison on the number of their subscribers.