Industry Still Fighting Diversity Battle
- Striving to Diversify the Workplace. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;04/16/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 16, p1
Reports on the ethnic diversification of cable television companies in the United States. Increasing diversity of the pool of job applicants and cable's potential customer base; Cable operators' promotion of employees who know how to deal with their constituents; Need for cable's management...
- Symonds Says…. Symonds, Curtis // CableFAX Daily;10/4/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 192, p4
Focuses on the issue of diversity in the U.S. cable television industry. Reason behind the failure of cable operators to employ minority candidates in their companies; Organization created to promote diversity, tolerance and cultural understanding in the industry.
- Diversity. // CableFAX Daily;10/3/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 191, p1
Reports on the first diversity luncheon held by the National Association of Minorities in Cable. Highlights of the event.
- Behind the Employee Curve on Diversity. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;9/11/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 36, p12
This article focuses on the National Association for Multi-Ethnicity in Communications' two-day conference and annual Walter Kaitz Foundation fundraising dinner to be held in New York City this week. The cable television industry's efforts to increase the diversity of its workforce will be the...
- Catalysts for Change. Kuhl, Craig // Multichannel News;9/11/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 36, p32
This article presents information on the awards from the Walter Kaitz Foundation that aim to promote diversity in the cable industry's workforce. The awards were established in 2005. Michelle Ray, program director for the Kaitz Foundation, explained that the awards honor people who advocate or...
- People. // Cable World (10427228);4/1/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 13, p26
Presents an update related to executive promotions, selection and appointment in the cable industry as of April 2002. Colin Everett at ADC; George L. Hawkey at Cable Scope; Alex Horwitz at Cox Communications.
- Time to Diversify the Picture. // Multichannel News;9/10/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 35, p31
The article reflects on the need for cable television networks to do more to ensure on-screen images adequately reflect the diversity of their multicultural viewers.
- Diversity Effort Pays Rewards. Neel, K. C. // Multichannel News;9/29/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 38, p40
The article focuses on the diversity effort at cable company Time Warner Cable Inc. Around 60% of the company's new hires for its telephone service came from ethnically diverse backgrounds. Top executives have been rewarded with yearly bonuses when they have successfully created diverse...
- Cable's Call. Cooper, Jim // Adweek New England Edition;11/15/99, Vol. 36 Issue 46, Special Report p36
Looks at the efforts of cable television companies in the United States in racially diversifying their work force. Statistical information on minority representation in the cable industry; Implications of the increase in entertainment expenditures of minorities; Measures taken by the industry...