Brace for a Bloody Bundle Battle
- Dealers Stand To Benefit From Contest Between Cable, DBS, Telcos. Schaeffler, Jimmy // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;2/12/2007, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p28
The article offers a look at the competition between cable, direct cable satellites (DBS) and telecommunication companies in the U.S. It mentions that DBS and cable operators will be the key drivers of advanced services, although ongoing competitive skirmishes in the multichannel video...
- Cable and satellite providers compete for subscribers & advertising dollars. Rentas-Giusti, Laura // Caribbean Business;8/1/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 31, p38
Reports on the competition between cable television and satellite television providers in Puerto Rico. Total subscribers of cable television and satellite television; Innovative programs provided by cable television companies.
- Dish firms rushing to deliver interactivity. Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;07/31/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 32, p38
Reports on the optimism of satellite television companies in the United States about their capability to compete with cable companies in offering broadband Internet services. Cable firms' allocation of billions of dollars for the upgrading of their systems; Satellite firms' entry into strategic...
- A guide for the harried man. Lowry, Brian // Variety;4/25/2005, Vol. 398 Issue 10, p1
Presents an article about the changes in the subscription television offering of DirecTV in the U.S. in May 2005. Comments on the competition between the satellite, telecommunication and cable television companies in the company; Impact of the competition on the consumers; Criticisms against...
- Draw your sabres. Higgins, Jonathan // Satellite Broadband;Apr2001, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p22
Discusses the impact of cable television on satellite broadcasting in Europe. Principal direct-to-home satellite operators in the region; Information on the crisis facing the cable industry; Reason for the reluctance of telecommunication operators to adopt the digital subscriber line technology.
- Ops Could Benefit from Local-TV Aid. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;01/08/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p26
Reports on the passage of a United States law that enable cable television operators and satellite carriers to have access to federal loan guarantees to provide local TV signals in rural areas. Stimulus to extend direct broadcast satellite-delivered local TV signals; Supporters of the bill.
- Telcos dial up pay TV. Cajueiro, Marcelo // Variety;12/22/2008, Vol. 413 Issue 6, p16
The article reports on the activities of telecommunications companies in the pay television market in Latin America. A number of organizations are involved in the development of this business through the medium of satellite broadcasting, but the article foresees a period when the...
- Raising the HD Bar: BOTTOM LINE. // Communications Technology;Jan2009, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p17
The article reports that the growth of high definition (HD) television and its accelerating adoption is reshaping the cable/telecommunication/satellite competitive environment in the U.S. Its quality of service paradigm and customer expectations are also improving. Driven by the promise to...
- Cable giant TCI takes on direct b'cast satellite TV. Petrecca, Laura // Advertising Age;6/9/1997, Vol. 68 Issue 23, p10
States that Tele-Communications Inc., the largest cable television multiple system operator in the United States, is going head-to-head with direct broadcast satellite services in an advertising campaign breaking in June of 1997. The response of cable companies to the increasing threat of...