Here! TV Builds Its Carriage Base
- Cartoon draws from new studio. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;02/26/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p8
Reports that Cartoon Network is stepping up its animated television program output in the United States in 2001. Opening of the Burbank Animation Studio; List of animated television programs to be launched by the cable television network; Total value in programming budget allocated by Cartoon...
- Programming. // CableFAX Daily;3/16/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 51, p3
Reports on the programming of cable television networks in the U.S. in March 2006. Programs that will be launched by the networks; Schedule of the programs.
- Cable's top 25. // Broadcasting & Cable;03/29/99, Vol. 129 Issue 13, p42
Lists the top cable television programs in the United States for the week of March 15 to 21, 1999. Includes `WWF Wrestling'; `Rugrats'; `Die Hard.'
- AT A GLANCE. // Broadcasting & Cable;12/13/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 50, p15
Provides information on the rankings of commercial television stations, cable television and television programs in the U.S. as of December 13, 2004, according to a survey from Nielsen Media Research and BIA Research.
- Intervene In Your Own Household. Threlkeld, Tom Steinert // Multichannel News;11/13/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 45, p26
The article discusses the tendency of cable networks to push the boundaries on what is acceptable on television in the U.S. Because cable networks are competing against broadcast and Internet, their objective is always to get many viewers. Parents who are alarmed of potentially offensive...
- Cable Sizzles With Summer Ratings Hits. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;6/30/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 26, p1
Over the years, cable in the U.S. has capitalized during warm-weather months, trotting out fresh original series, movies and specials, while broadcasters have largely been flooding airwaves with countless reruns, as of June 2003. That's a combination that has conditioned viewers to turn to...
- MSNBC Gets 13 Emmy Nods. Applebaum, Simon // Multichannel News;7/21/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 29, p44
Focuses on 2003 News and Documentary Emmy Award nominations received by cable channel MSNBC. Nomination of 'The News With Brian Williams' for News Emmy award; Details of nominations received by other cable channels.
- Local Programmers Try Offbeat Ideas. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;05/15/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 20, p70
Describes the off-beat approaches used by several United States cable executives to improve their local programming. Launch of a channel that caters to people of color; Interactive sports-talk show that shows live footage of fans via Webcams; Cablevision Systems Corp.'s introduction of...
- FOR THE RECORD. // Multichannel News;4/11/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 15, p62
Presents an update on issues and events related to the cable television industry in the U.S. as of April 2005. Overview of a program-licensing agreement between The Tennis Channel and Insystcom Inc.; Expansion of the television programming roster of Military Channel; Extension of the trial...