BET Ramps Up Reality
- Checking Reality. Frutkin, A. J. // MediaWeek;1/24/2005, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p5
Focuses on the rise of reality TV programs in the U.S. in 2005. Performance of nonscripted TV programs in the country; Efforts by U.S. TV networks to develop new reality shows; Factors that could impact the growth of reality TV programs in the country.
- Reality's Celebrity Invasion. Karrfalt, Wayne // Multichannel News;8/8/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 32, p23
Comments on the trend in celebrity-driven reality television programs in the U.S. Celebrities who have reality series; Reasons behind the combination of reality genre with celebrities; Information on several contestants who became popular through reality programs; Overview of several reality...
- The Real ‘Reality’ Behind Shock TV. Hill, Martin // San Diego Business Journal;10/28/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 43, p50
Discusses issues pertaining to reality television shows produced in the U.S. Exploitation of contestants; Willingness of contestants to be exploited; Profitability of reality television shows.
- Reality has legs at networks. Freeman, Michael // Electronic Media;09/11/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 37, p28
Focuses on the prevalence of reality television programs in the United States. Reality-based-series produced by the Fox network; Factors affecting the production of reality series production; Impact of reality TV programs on the scripted series; Speculation on the relaunching of the program...
- Reality bites. O'Hehir, Andrew // Sight & Sound;Sep2002, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p6
Reports on the prevalence of reality television programs in the U.S. Factors contributing to the success of reality television programs; Overview of several reality television programs; Themes of such programs; Implications for the television broadcasting industry.
- REAL APPEAL. Light, Deborah // Bulletin with Newsweek;09/26/2000, Vol. 118 Issue 6243, p62
Focuses on the reality-based television programs of television stations in the United States. Consideration of the programs as voyeuristic, exploitative and cruel; Examples of programs pitting people against each other; Popularity of the programs in other countries; Impact on current affairs...
- The Real Report. Rice, Lynette // Entertainment Weekly;4/15/2005, Issue 815, p70
Previews several reality television programs to be aired in the U.S. in 2005.
- Reality rules. // Vogue;Jun2001, Vol. 191 Issue 6, p190
Focuses on reality-based television shows, the most popular show genre in American television. Factors behind the popularity of reality television in the United States; Target viewer demographics of reality-based television programs; Television shows that are riding on the reality-television...
- Reality's new wave. Schlosser, Joe // Broadcasting & Cable;01/01/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 1, p11
Reports on the launching of different reality television programs in the United States in January 2001. Examples of reality television programs to be launched by various television broadcasting companies; Background information about each television series; Other television programs slated to...