USA Climbs Back Into Squared Circle
- The Cablers. Morgan, Richard; Katz, Richard // Variety;02/01/99, Vol. 373 Issue 11, p25
Presents information on cable television networks in the United States. Agreement between Paul Allen, Intermedia Partners and Tele-Communications Inc.; Changes in the television programming of WGN; Rejection of the Federal Communications Commission to the request of Internet abd online service...
- USA's Hit Parade Runs Year-Round. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;9/14/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 34, p17
The article reports on the plan of USA Network to launch the television program "White Collar" in the U.S. It states that the program is a combination of drama and comedy that pairs an artist with a Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) agent. The company says that it has six original series for...
- USA adds original films. Moss // Multichannel News;12/06/99, Vol. 20 Issue 50, p10
Reports on the expansion of USA Networks' original-movie production. Company's plan to double its output by 2001; USA's decision to focus on biographies and reality-based topics for its movies.
- Buyers, Sellers In a Deadlock. Friedman, Wayne; Linnett, Richard // Television Week;6/16/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 25, p4
Reports on the sale of cable television networks in the U.S. as of June 2003. Competition between buyers and sellers; Information on an increase in cable rates; Details of a deal between USA Cable and AOL Time Warner's TNT and TBS networks.
- PEACOCK ENHANCES CABLE STABLE. Schneider, Michael; Dempsey, John; Adalian, Josef // Variety;9/8/2003, Vol. 392 Issue 4, p20
Presents updates on U.S. cable television network NBC Universal as of September 2003. Significance of its decision to add the USA Network and Sci Fi Channel to its holdings; Information on its television programs; Background on its entry into cable television broadcasting.
- NBC Eyes An Island Import. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;8/30/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 35, p1
Reports on the plan of NBC Universal to use programming from its Telemundo TV station in Puerto Rico to create a Spanish-language cable network in the U.S. in 2004. Popularity of the WKAQ-TV, the station targeted by NBC for the plan, in the state; Reaction of David Zaslav, president of NBC...
- USA Tops Cable Ratings In '06; TNT Not Far Behind. Crupi, Anthony // MediaWeek;1/8/2007, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p6
The article focuses on 2007 data which was released from Nielsen Media Research which showed that USA Network was the most watched ad-supported cable channel in the United States in 2006, the TNT network was the second most watched channel, and the ESPN sports network was the third most watched...
- Cable Sweeps Broadcast -- Again. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;3/7/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p6
The article reports on a survey conducted by Nielsen Media Research Inc. which shows that cable networks in the U.S. have gained a larger share of viewers compared to its broadcast network counterparts in February 2011. Nielsen reveals that basic cable networks averaged a flat 53 household share...
- THE CABLERS. // Variety;10/16/2000, Vol. 380 Issue 9, p125
Presents news on cable television networks in the United States as of October 16, 2000. Effort of Turner Broadcasting's TNT to resolve the ambiguities of the final `Pretender' episode; Motion pictures bought by USA Network; Acquisition of Russell Simmons' 360HipHop.com by BET.com, the online...